Audiophilia madness/ pics or posters

It’s a case of more money than sense. :grimacing:

the same applies in modern art . People buy because it costs a lot.

Now we’re entering a different argument, I like a lot of modern art (not all of course). :grin:

not all of course. Just an example where money that sense.

I think that in many cases there is a different reason in art purchases. Apart from Pete’s point that there is good expensive art out there, sadly a lot of art purchases these days are investments, “name” artists tend to see prices rise appreciably. Whereas I don’t see many of these making millions at auction in a few years. (Fine wine is another area where investors are driving prices up, rather than wine lovers.)

1 Like

Some of this stuff would deprecate so quickly it’d be worth more as scrap, some simply wouldn’t sell at all. Most of it your significant other half wouldn’t allow it in the house.

The Jeff Koons rabbit sold for $93 Million a few months ago. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Agreed ridiculous price, but it still looked like a rabbit. :grin:

2 Likes

Ok maybe not :thinking:

I’m pretty much in agreement with you here. If I could have the whole system invisible, I’d do it. The nearest I can think of that’s achievable is to have nothing but a pair of speakers and a wireless access point in the listening room, and the rack hiding in a storeroom.

I did that with a new home in 2002 time frame. Plasma display above the fireplace, Yamaha av receiver, dvd player etc. hidden in a cabinet, 5.1 surround with front and rear speakers as in-wall flush mounts. Subwoofer. Programmable unified remote control. In a big 20 feet x 20 feet room.

It was awful in every way.

Not exactly what I had in mind!!

i hide also the tv stuff, router, …but i like to see my system components. It’s my audiophilia weakness i suppose.

ART and AUDIO. how to try to have positive WAF.
or fail…

image image image

Good grief. The world’s gone mad.

This stuff probably has a wow factor for a bit and then after a while it just look silly. A black box can just blend in.

the people who buy that are often changing their decoration, stuff…like normal people their shirts. :sunglasses:

What redecorating every month?

the sofas, paintings, tables, hifi stuff… cars…