Audiophilia madness/ pics or posters

The Jeff Koons rabbit sold for $93 Million a few months ago. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Agreed ridiculous price, but it still looked like a rabbit. :grin:

3 Likes

Ok maybe not :thinking:

I’m pretty much in agreement with you here. If I could have the whole system invisible, I’d do it. The nearest I can think of that’s achievable is to have nothing but a pair of speakers and a wireless access point in the listening room, and the rack hiding in a storeroom.

I did that with a new home in 2002 time frame. Plasma display above the fireplace, Yamaha av receiver, dvd player etc. hidden in a cabinet, 5.1 surround with front and rear speakers as in-wall flush mounts. Subwoofer. Programmable unified remote control. In a big 20 feet x 20 feet room.

It was awful in every way.

Not exactly what I had in mind!!

i hide also the tv stuff, router, …but i like to see my system components. It’s my audiophilia weakness i suppose.

ART and AUDIO. how to try to have positive WAF.
or fail…

image image image

Good grief. The world’s gone mad.

This stuff probably has a wow factor for a bit and then after a while it just look silly. A black box can just blend in.

the people who buy that are often changing their decoration, stuff…like normal people their shirts. :sunglasses:

What redecorating every month?

the sofas, paintings, tables, hifi stuff… cars…

Yes, changed my mind. :blush: Marvellous.

1 Like

a good advertising for the Mcintosh 1200w mono power amps. Probably some Dubai crazy rich man will install that in his house, with some tigers walking around the speakers.

2 Likes

Pivetta Only amp: 160 000 W. 2,2 millions dollars.

No better Hi Fi cartoonist than Mr. Rodrigues

1 Like

And the speakers this was designed with in mind?

1 Like