Audiophilleo2 MK2 + Pure Power - Taking out the trash

For sure its sounding better this way.

:small_blue_diamond:I can only talk for the Swedish approach,.and the Swedish social-culture.

Using such a feature would no one I know do,.it is anti-social and shows a lack in personality.
In all cases,.according to Swedish visitation-rules.

/PederšŸ™‚

Phil - installed iPeng on my iPad, as suspected the Apple fanboy developers have put full attention here, more options than I can shake a stick at very rich UI, I miss Roon (well have paid for it) but SQ comes first.

One problem I have now is setting up Qobuz, I entered all my details, yet it still insists I need to go to server settings, then Qobuz, no such thing exists.

Try comparing it to UPnP on the Nova , as it will act as a UPnP server now. Be interesting to hear how it compares.

I turned all that integration off.

@obsydian, the Qobuz account details are the last (bottom) item of the Innuos settings menu.

You can use LMS to add extra views of your music. I added them for Classical and Opera which are genre tags I add. iPeng and probably the Orange Squeezebox for Android gather these from LMS.

Phil

Thanks @Filipe school boy error wrong Qobuz account, no all working, I do miss the track path data from Qobuz @CrystalGipsy, but otherwise very nice app albeit Ā£9, funny Roon was Ā£90 and I didnā€™t complain :thinking:

So now I just need a 12.9 iPad, the iPad mini is making me insecure :grin:

My Wireworld Starlight USB should arrive this week, itā€™s been a roller coaster few weeks of changes :sunglasses:

@Filipe does iPeng allow control via Siri ?

I donā€™t think so.

Ahh and no Tidal MQA :sob:

This adventure has cost you a lot more than any of that and looks to continue to cost. Not all of us have such deep pockets my friend or an urge to look for the mythical audio nirvana. I hope after all this you can stop and just listen and stop chasing rainbows. :smile:

2 Likes

I think maybe two more additions and thatā€™s it, my plan was to optimise the Nova and enjoy.

I concede I have gone down the same rabbit hole I did the first time round.

I agree at the moment itā€™s become chasing rainbows.

The threads I wrote spring to mind, the first was ā€œHifi Mental Healthā€, I have somewhat obsessed the past year over upgrading, low level as I called it, but itā€™s not good, life is not all about aiming for perfection in everything as it tends to ruin the whole experience.

I hope I can live by my other thread ā€œIn the land of the blind the one eyed man is kingā€, to stop and enjoy thinking I have achieved 500 series type performance with maxā€™d out Nova :scream:

Having a forum family that encourages upgraditis and also those @CrystalGipsy who make you think :ok_hand:

1 Like

ermā€¦ NO. 500 level performance from a Nova.

Would it not be niceā€¦ indeed. However the 500 series components have additional engineering which is not possible on a Nova, audiophileo or not.

you wasted a lot of money and time trying to improve on the Nova.

you should have just bought Superlumina speaker cables.

1 Like

i think Obsydian is the only person who can say if he had wasted money and time.
Perhaps the biggest problem is the WAF . 2 boxes max.

He now has 4. Albeit the last two are small and hidden at the back of the Zenith.

Even so. Even a Naim powerline would make a big difference than trying to replicate Spdif with an audiophilleo instead of using the latest generation naim streamer !

innuos has also the latest generation streamer inside. Apparently better than the inside nova one.
The nova is an all in one box, with integrated, streamer, and dac.
The innuos zenith is specialized in the streaming part.

Iā€™ve owned the powerline and its long gone, first the Chord Signature took its place and now the Synergistic Research Atmosphere which leaves both way, way behind.

In one persons opinion and there are other factors in the equation as well, how much is the Audiophillio playing in the equation is unknown itā€™s not a cheap piece of kit and maybe cleaning up the USB output as he could not listen to the native usb out.

Itā€™s a different presentation to what their was via network streaming thatā€™s obvious, but whether one is better than the other is still unproved and likely personal. In Obsydianā€™s case he preferred one over the other but someone else might not. In the end it matters not heā€™s currently found something he is happy with. For this week anyway :wink:

Innuos latest generation streamer?

Itā€™s a server not a streamer

Iā€™m puzzled how a server can be Better than the nova streamer

1 Like