Audioquest Niagara

@Bob-Burgess Equi=Core is not out of business . They are distributed by Underwood HiFi in the US.

@joc6812 Hi Joc6812ā€¦ I also have a Delta D6 What power cord are you using from your Hydra D6 to the wall??

Equi=Core did in fact go out of business. Their assets were purchased by Underwood. Not sure about product availability.

Underwoodā€™s web site shows lots of stuff.

Looks like a work in progress to me

1 Like

opus: the basic Shunyata Venom HC. Iā€™m happy with it, but, based on my experimentation, the power cable from the wall to the conditioner is the most important, so I may upgrade to a higher level Shunyata cable in the future.

I use a Shunyata Alpha EF. With the new cords coming out there are lots of deals out there. Iā€™d also suggest that the NR version isnā€™t needed to go from wall to Hydra, that was the recommendation I got from Shunyata, and why Iā€™m using Alpha EF and not the NR

Equi Core mk2, on Underwood site.

1 Like

Today I have added a Niagara 1200 to my system (Naim Uniti Atom with Dynaudio Contour S 3.4 LE loudspeakers) and I can second all the positive things said in this topic about the 1200. The noise floor has lowered, I hear more details, the definition of the bass and low tones has improved considerably. It is an amazing upgrade. My system now sounds better than with the NAP200 I have been using until recently.

7 Likes

If you can get the Niagara power supply further away from sources at some point in the future, it should be of benefit. But thanks for the contribution, i was surprised a Kudos/Rega demo had a Niagara 5000, so always been curious.

2 Likes

Analogue seduction UK online site: you can try it 14 days and return if not satisfied.
As well as the more expensive Musicworks.
You will loose maybe 15 pounds if you return it. The only risk.

1 Like

Here in The Netherlands Audioquest has a 30 day return policy, so my dealer told me. The run in period for the 1200 is plus minus two weeks. Those 30 days should suffice then.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the 3000?

A friend of mine installed a 5000 in his system (ClassƩ CP-800mkII, ClassƩ CA-2300, Dynaudio Confidence C2) and he did not tell me before I visited him. I walked into his room while music was playing and I was blown away the moment I opened the door. I know his system very well and the difference was everything but subtle. It sounded like he added a subwoofer to his setup and also the sound was even more relaxed than before. I found it amazing how an already excellent setup could benefit so much from this change.

6 Likes

A Niagara 1200 has been in place for about a week now, replacing an Equi=Core balanced transformer/conditioner in my 272/555/250 based system. Both provide very low ā€œblackā€ noise levels, but the Niagara has improved bass resolution, sound stage separation and detail/clarity while avoiding any ā€œharshnessā€ in overall presentation. I think the separate power amp outlets with less roll-off conditioning does in fact help to maintain Naimā€™s ā€œboogie factor.ā€ The more expensive 3000 and 5000 models add a power reservoir feature for the power amp outlet circuits which probably improve this even more, but for now Iā€™m very happy with the 1200 at the much lower price point. Good job AudioQuest!!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve still got the 1200 here on dem and even though Iā€™ve been slightly under the weather with a Sinus infection ( not that one ) that is clearing itā€™s obvious to me the benefits of the Niagara. Lower Noise Floor , more flow , more resolution , enjoyable etc . It certainly doesnā€™t take anything away apart from nasties . Itā€™s possible that my ( recent) wiring is noisy so therefore Iā€™m reaping the benefits of the Niagaraā€™s noise dissipation . My dealer also has a 3000 that Iā€™m going to try once itā€™s back in , that may suit my Active ATCā€™s more but the 1200 is clearly very good value indeed . Credit where credits due .
Definitely worth a try and at the very least it will show the state of your mains supply .

5 Likes

Iā€™m so impressed with the Niagara 1200 that Iā€™ve ordered a 3000 ā€¦ This might sound like Madness but on reflection and advice from my dealer Iā€™ve thought best to buy once as otherwise I would always be looking at the next model up . The 3000 has a current reservoir that makes it even more suitable to Amplifiers so that was ultimately the clincher. The 1200 didnā€™t affect the sound in any negative or inhibiting way , everything sounded better from the beginning. Lots of bang for the buck !

6 Likes

Hope i donā€™t get the same sinus infectionšŸ˜‰

2 Likes

:joy::joy: be careful itā€™s almost as contagious as the Niagara .

1 Like

I think the 3000 suits the size of my system in regards to outlets etc and obviously a nicer price to stomach . Hope the PowerQuest works out for you , itā€™s really impressive how technology is moving on .

1 Like