Audioquest Vodka Ethernet full loom

Hi Stephen,
While infinite is a rather broad term, it is absolutely true that the network is a truly worthwhile way to improve a system. I have spent the past 3 years optimizing my network and I’ve yet to discover a point of diminishing returns. Indeed the better it gets, the greater the further improvements become.
What’s really great about the network is that its entirely scalable from an economic standpoint.
Based on my experience, improvements have little to do with the concept of a ‘bit perfect’ data stream given that a very basic, non-optimized network should already be bit-perfect. The improvements I’m referring to come from the quality of the data stream. By quality, I mean timing accuracy, the degree of perfection of polarity switches, emi, stray voltages flowing between components, cable related losses between components, resonances caused by vibration, quality of power supplies, power supply impedance, non-music related network traffic etc.
Keep improving all these aspects and the quality of the music presentation just keeps getting better and better.
Improvements start with the typical hi-fi elements like background noise, detail, purity, PR&T, sound stage depth, transient response, dynamics and dynamic resolution, frequency extremes, bass resolution, degree of immersion etc. but eventually the most significant improvements relate to the listener in terms of feelings, strength of emotional response, degree of involvement and intensity of the enjoyment levels generated by the music.

6 Likes

What a great post and one that I’m inclined to completely agree with. Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

Yep…its Meg again yes,Yes,YES excellent post!!!

I don’t think I’ve come across an Ethernet cable that changes so much with burn-in. There are many ups and downs throughout this process. It’s quite extraordinary really. I can only echo Dark Bear’s observations further up in this thread. Please do take heed of his comments.

Now I have coherence. Beautifully detailed and naturally clean high frequencies. A mid-range that expresses itself with emotion and dynamic tension. It doesn’t stop there, the bass too now has real depth and detail to it, coupled with an agility that all comes together and playing to all of a ‘full’ Naim system’s strengths for a seriously exciting listen. Worth every penny i say!

…And I’m only drinking tea this evening😊

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.