I recently purchased an AV amp which I’ve connected to my Atom to drive the front speakers. When I selected ‘AV Fixed Volume’ (so the AV amp can control the volume and bypass the pre-amp in the Atom) I got a much louder hiss through the speakers.
After a few tests, including disconnecting all inputs to the Atom and turning off all other kit at the wall power sockets, the hiss still remained so clearly it was an Atom issue.
Naim tech support suggested resetting the unit which resolved the issue. Step 1 (which might resolve the issue in some instances) was a ‘soft’ reset but in my case I had to do the Step 2 which is a ‘hard’ reset:
Please turn the unit off and leave it off for 10 minutes during this time please uninstall the Focal Naim app and follow the below steps.
Firstly unplug any connected speakers and the power cable.
Press the Play/ Pause and Input buttons on the front panel while powering up the Uniti Atom.
Continue to hold for 5 seconds.
Release the Play/ Pause and Input buttons.
Wait for the Uniti Atom to complete the factory reset and go into Stand-by.
Once done please power cycle the device again and reinstall the Focal Naim app and retest - if the issue is still present please repeat the first steps (power off and uninstall the app) and follow the Force Reprogram sets below.
- Disconnect the unit from the mains power
- Press and hold the top and bottom buttons on the fascia (standby and favourites)
- Reconnect mains power while keeping the buttons held in
- Wait 2 seconds after signs of life/light then release the buttons
- Wait 60s for the streaming card to boot (indicated by the standby button pulsing slowly)
- After this time, short press (half – 1 second) the standby button "
If this also doesn’t resolve the fault, please arrange to get the unit tested at your local retailer and if still present we will need to get this back to us for an investigation and repair under the device warranty.
I thought I’d share in case anyone else has this issue.