AV solution with Naim amps

The height/atmos speakers are definitely worth having imho - particularly given the quality of the AV processor you’re using. I went for Focal domes, firing upwards rather than cutting holes in the ceiling and they work well once the Dirac has been completed.

1 Like

Hi TBC,

Thanks for the thought, and I had considered doing precisely as you have done …BUT:

The amount of software I have with Atmos is almost zero;
I have NO intention of repurchasing all my thousands of videos, I have FAR more in video storage than audio;
Whilst streaming services do have Atmos the quality of streamed sound is nowhere near as good as my local files.

I haven’t discounted it though. In the not too distant future I am going to have to decorate the living room, when I do this I WILL install some cables to enable upward firing speakers. I am expecting the quality to improve over time.

My more immediate step will probably be to get an UHD TV. I use one as a monitor and for one in my secondary system …but, I am very attached to my widescreen Phillips, even if it is ‘just’ HD. :wink:

M

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.