Awesome YouTube Stuff

Travelling between Islamabad and Skardu in the northern region of Pakistan, it is always preferable to fly, but quite often weather conditions preclude that option. Consequently, there have been four occasions when I have had the ‘joy’ of travelling (24 hours in each direction) on the Karakoram Highway, each time passing sections similar to that shown in the video. Usually the tyres on the vehicles have seen better days (now slicks). It can be quite scary to look over the edge to see the raging River Indus 500 feet below… and last year’s tour bus!

2 Likes
4 Likes

Heilung, a Norwegian, Danish, German trio.

Shamanic folk.

5 Likes

Ok said the German tattoo artist to the Danish producer I’ll do you some tattoos if you write some music for my poems. Oh and can your girlfriend sing them when they’re done. A phenomenon was born.

Roll on a couple of years and the gang decided that they wanted to play live, so they chose Castlefest in the Netherlands and gathered a Film crew and sound recordists

The result, Lifa, a live album and YouTube video

Heilung - Krigsgaldr

Currently on 32millions plays

5 Likes

Prompted by mention of the Birkin/Gainsbourg original on the vinyl thread…

2 Likes

This sort of cuts to the quick and pours out the emotion…

2 Likes

Goldfrapp 21 years ago, and a rare excursion for the track “Miss World”, and instrumental version of “Lovely Head”. Note Will on keyboards (he did gigs back then).

1 Like

Tut tut, accident waiting to happen, PPE no where to be seen.

1 Like

Super groovy mellow version of Feel Like Makin’ Love - Toshiki Soejima : Live & Recording 2022 / Neo-Soul Guitar

What a brilliant rock vocalist Macca was…

1 Like

Brand new posting from Tangerine, the band who play Zep choons for fun.

1 Like

Thought I’d post this from The Doors thread.
Worthy (!) of a wider audience…

1 Like

Warren Zevon - Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner

Letterman was a huge fan, and this was the last time Zevon performed on his show. It was public knowledge that Zevon had terminal lung cancer - he died just under a year later.

Enjoy every sandwich…

2 Likes

Just so nice to see an artist performing her song without any modern additions…

1 Like

A peach (avec clarinet):

1 Like

Sorry for the grainy footage…

Some great footage of Jack Ruby’s Sound System circa 1981 with Dee-Jays Charlie Chaplin, Bobby Culture and the late great singer Mickey Simpson…
An edit of this footage appeared in the legendary documentary Deep Roots Music first aired on the fledgling Channel 4

:heart:

2 Likes

John Adams - Batter My Heart

From the opera Doctor Atomic, Gerald Finley singing, words by John Donne. I’m not a hue fan of Adams, but I find this very moving. Finley nails the performance.

2 Likes
1 Like