Awesome YouTube Stuff

Rick Beato on Jeff Beck:

3 Likes

There are guitarists and then there’s JB!

2 Likes

I remember asking my guitar tutor how does Jeff Beck know how to do that. He said - he just does.

2 Likes

Two anecdotes about Jeff Beck.

First Eric was asked if there was anything that Jeff could do with the guitar that he couldn’t. Eric said “yeah loads of stuff with the whammy bar etc” Then Jeff was asked if there was stuff Eric could do which he couldn’t Jeff simply said “no”!

Second at some presentation in front of the Queen there was Jeff, Brian May, Jimmy Page and Eric. The Queen asked Eric “what do you do”, “I’m a musician, guitarist ma’am”. When the Queen had moved on Jeff said to him “she was humouring you you silly old sod. She knew what you did, didn’t you see her when you got your gong”.

2 Likes

Heard an interview with George Martin- he was asked what it was like to work with Jeff Beck on Blow by Blow and Wired.

George said Jeff was such a perfection he called him up and said I need to re-do that guitar bit and George had to explain he couldn’t do that as the record had already been in the shops for a month.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Yes, I know I’ve posted this one before, but as an example of “dance” being the interpretation of the chosen accompanying music, then this is just off the scale!

For those folks who may never has seen the talent who is Marquese Scott, feast your eyes on this, and if you’re impressed, check out his YouTube channel. :+1:

2 Likes

Otis Taylor band - Hey Joe “live” from 2014.

And it’s another repeat posting from me, but surely, this one bears another viewing, and may be new to some folks on here.

I love the bit where Otis steps back, and the band simply rip it up!

Fabulous all round performance.

6 Likes

This is an Irish Traditional tune, called Toss The Feathers.
Which you may know from versions by The Corrs, Fairport Convention and others.

But not like this…!!

2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

I am sure this must have been posted before and it is not new but back in 2013. But sorry folks I can’t resisting posting. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

As released on “Showtime, Storytime” (CD and DVD).

1 Like

davidng you are not alone I also love Nightwish (Live) which feeds my hyper mania beautifully. Their opening number ‘Shudder before the Beautiful’ at Wembley Arena (on Youtube) is one of the best Rock opening numbers ever. In that track they hit the ground running and has everything in it exhiliration, melody, pace, symphonic moments (there are no ‘boring bits’ whatsoever’), the crowd love it and the whole scene has that instant energy. If that was a ‘political rally’ than the opposition would be very worried indeed…!

2 Likes

The Pointers doing an awesome version of “Wang Dang Doodle” back in 1975:

2 Likes

RIP Robbie Coltrane

:heart:

5 Likes
1 Like

You just just swallow what’s on TV…she’s not wrong!

Unless it’s David Attenborough, of course!

1 Like

Superb rendition, better than the original imho!

2 Likes