Awesome YouTube Stuff

My introduction to both Post Modern Jukebox and Morgan James.

4 Likes

What a terrible pity they weren’t recorded more often in the 1970s:

This from the Brighton Dome in June '72.

6 Likes

She’s very good, isn’t she?

1 Like

Yes I think she’s brilliant, and very versatile.

Apparently the Julliard School of Music created an extra place in their yearly intake for her. She is now ploughing her own way through the quagmire which is the modern commercial music industry.

Her output can difficult to locate if you want downloads / streaming but it’s available from her website and there a a plethora of YouTube videos she has done over lockdown(s)

3 Likes

I find her live album of Nina Simone covers as better than listening to the originals.

Heresy perhaps… :grinning:

1 Like
2 Likes
5 Likes

Excellent!

OK, not Youtube, but awesome:

We need more of these around the world. Wouldn’t it be wonderful?

1 Like
1 Like

A lovely piece of art and fabulous idea.

Memories of when I saw them in Apr 77 I saw them on the HC tour. Wonder if my then girlfriend appreciates the significance!,

Some wicked footage from the highly recommended documentary Heartland Reggae documenting the 1978 One Love Peace Concert

Three of my favourite clips

More here…

The full documentary on DVD is well worth seeking out
:heart:

2 Likes

Prompted by a joke with @TheKevster on the vinyl thread.

The late Smiley Cuture who stormed the pop and Reggae charts with these two recorded at Fashion Studios in the basement under Dub Vendor in Clapham Junction.

Cockney Translation, hilarious and inspired translating of Cockney slang into Jamaican Patois

And of course Police Officer

Respect due and RIP Smiley Culture who passed away under very suspicious circumstances when Police raided his home and whom claim he stabbed himself in the chest.

3 Likes
5 Likes

If you like Gary Moore, check out his version of Freddie King’s The Stumble which he performed at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 1990. I think this really cooks!

3 Likes

The title of this came to mind after listening to the new UB40 album

3 Likes

That is very good almost as good as this spoof - just wish it was real.

6 Likes