Awesome YouTube Stuff

Roy, Tab and Trev OWNING “Walk On The Wild Side” on the Roger Whittaker show early in the 1970s…

6 Likes

Blimey…not The Peddlers I remember. I must’ve watched the wrong shows.

3 Likes

Not the Walk on the Wild Side I was expecting.

2 Likes

Frenetic…

1 Like

I do like @TheKevster choice of 70s awesomeness. Reckon Elvin Bishop and Mickey Thomas foolin around deserves a place here too …

5 Likes

@TheKevster …the Peddlers …just brilliant…not seen that before.
Another album I found with Roy Phillips …Lord Large …The Lords First XI…RP lead vocal on Closer…fabulous voice.

1 Like

Noosha was obviously an influence on Alison, among others…

2 Likes

Not quite sure how YT decided I should listen to this YouTuber / account but I’ve fallen down a rabbit hole and so far reached this one….
The channel appeals to me as a musician (I like to ‘seek what is being played and then there is what is being played

Still falling though so there may be more

2 Likes

Dude has some balls…
Hold my pint….

1 Like

Karen giving it some on the old skins back in 1968…

4 Likes
1 Like

Guitar players everywhere prepare yourselves to be blown away - here’s Guthrie Govan.

There will be garage sales of guitar kit after this.

3 Likes

A very early version of Intergalactic Space Crusaders - with the actual tall hippy dude on lead guitar…

(check the backing singers - my guess is that its both of the Jansen sisters)

PS. Maybe should have gone on the Ayreon thread…? But its Locked… :expressionless:

1 Like

Far better quality - much clearer - but from the same concert.

Same line up - Tall Hippy Dude, who thinks he can’t play… and both Jansen sisters on BV’s (no doubt from this video - Irene left, Floor right).

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

@Clive - Thank you for posting. I hear a lot of Steve Hackett, in this.

Which Is Very Good…!!

Yes, Guthrie is an uber-talented guy. There are videos on YouTube which show him playing in the styles of others (that is until he takes off). I’ve seen clips of him playing in 5he styles of Larry Carlton, Robben Ford and, IIRC, Freddie King. Some of his playing on Steven Wilson’s Raven album, particularly the track Drive, is astonishing, both technically and musically.