B K Electronics subwoofer

After lots of internet searches I was not able to find a sensible answer, some of the assertions are mind boggling, such as if you by front facing you must have two boxes because they are directional, a downwards facing cone gives better response because they don’t have gravity decentering the cone…
I have spoken to dealers and could not get consistent advice, the reason for asking here.
I have ended up with ordering the xls200df simply because I have cats and want to avoided a damaged front cover.
Note that in quoting xls200ff you are talking about the front facing model.
My only concern whilst I wait for delivery is room positioning. For convenience and domestic harmony I had hoped to place the single unit alongside one of my speakers. Using REW it appears the optimum position may be five feet in front of the left hand speaker and nearly two feet from the wall. This means an lfe cable about seven metres long. Of course, I will listen as well.
The other thought is anecdotal and may, or may not be a consideration. I live in a sixties end of terrace house, the terrace shares a common concrete raft, built on clay. Allegedly a local movie nut has a cinema system, subs that are three feet tall and complains he cannot get enough bass. A neighbour three doors down reckons he gets it all.

Enjoy the xls20df. I had that sub in the past and it was on par with subs 2x and 3x its price. And at the time I also lived in an end terrace.

Currently using the 400df model and very happy with it too. In my view, the larger models are not worth it unless you have a very large house.

I have to admit that I have only used the subs on a 5.1 set up with both movies and music and they have been brill. Currently I’m debating whether to give up the 5.1 alltogether and just use 2.1 for both music and movies but still havent reached a verdict yet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.