Back to the 80's

Interesting article:

Standout song/various videos:

Sadly the rest of that album is rather boring.

1 Like

Oh, no. Not again. I thought all that c@#p was left behind and buried in the past!:sob:

2 Likes

It’s coming ‘at ya’ pal ! :laughing:

I can’t see what the attraction of this video might be, can you? Please watch and advise…

:smiling_imp:

Whatever it is, I ain’t watching it! :see_no_evil:

No seriously, watch it! Brings a smile to my face anyway, Mrs AC does not approve.

Don’t let @ewemon see this otherwise he’s gonna get his copy of TFF out…:flushed:

1 Like

Noooooooo!:angry:

1 Like

Proof positive that history teaches us nothing, we are doomed to making the same mistakes over and over again. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Undoubtedly why we have had the most boring musical hiatus for the last 15-20 years or longer :wink:

Late 70’s/early 80’s was during my adolescence - fun, memories and interesting sounds will live on for me from this time. We all have our musical ‘era’, doesn’t mean we can’t appreciate what came before or after, but things that are special to me will not be to people who had special things 10/20/30 years earlier or later.

1 Like

You mean the above lot Tony, the band you love to hate. Dug out a live gig from the 80’s for a listen.

3 Likes

Sending you and Monica lots of love, Ewe. Stay safe :wink:

Can’t argue with you @Alley_Cat, but for me the 70’s, with heavy rock and punk was magical. Then came the 80’s and I was horrified by what was coming out and being called music. Obviously not everything was horrible. Then came the 90’s with grunge and I cheered up a bit. :rofl: Ever since then I have found good music in every decade and continue to do so. I think nowadays the variety of music is a wonder to the ears and joy to the heart. But if you were to ask me which (for me) was the worst decade for music, I would not hesitate to answer - the 80’s.

1 Like

I guess my musical favourites span through early 70’s through to mid 80’s as it was over a decade of rapidly changing styles - the ‘synth’ years are for me my favourite as there were many innovative artists, not just naff pop outfits with DX7’s. Late 80’s were dire. Grunge, later BritPop/Madchester/CoolCymru etc were interesting again, now we have rather bland (to my mind) Ed Sheeran types (not denying intrinsic talent), but give me weird/exciting/interesting above much of modern music.

1 Like

Ok, you’ve convinced me to listen to a load of twangy guitar groups or esoteric jazz trios - not that I wouldn’t of course, just not quite my favourite thing :wink:

1 Like

I am on furlough so plenty time to listen to lots of sounds. Hope you are well.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Keep safe.

A hugely talented blues artist that has yet to make that killer album.

This is from 2007

1 Like

Will take a look after some Siouxsie!

Well that was unexpected, 4 of us in the room 10 minutes ago, now only me :thinking:

Volume up!!! :smiley: