Bad earthing question

I took my Atom HE with me for a few days. Due to location I was using an extension cord to power it.

Today I realised that if I walk bare feet the headphone cable gave me a light shock.

I tried again with it plugged into the wall plug. The problem was gone.

I assume it is an earthing thing with the extension cord or something.

As far as I can see and hear the HE is performing as expected still.

Is there a chance this could have damaged something if everything seems to be working?

At closer inspection it turns out the plug I chose does not have an earth connector. So it was earthing through me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.