Bargain Basement statement!

I see that a famous London HiFi store is offering a full pre-owned Statement, price new £178,997, for just £59,999!
Given that this was a trade-in, what on earth must the original owner have been offered for the trade-in? 20 grand? 25 grand?
The person certainly must have had a bit of money to spare if they’re not bothered about losing that much. And quite a bargain for anybody with the money to snap it up, provided he/she has room to house it…

2 Likes

Tempting !

:scream:

1 Like

Extremely tempting, when one considers the offset possible by selling one’s Nap 500 and Nac 552 … oh dear.

1 Like

Be warned - you really need to demo a Statement at home and/or have your room sorted vis treatment et al (or be prepared to do this), before parting with big bucks.

As others have posted, the S1-pre delivers tons more bottom end bass - and you only find this out a couple of weeks or so post install.

1 Like

Everybody queueing properly for audition please …

1 Like

Would go well with some ATC SCM150, but I doubt I could get the system upstairs into my living room. No doubt the neighbours and the floor joists will be very relieved about this.

1 Like

Pah, not for me, it doesnt have the cables … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Trade in the rack for cables since no rack or a much smaller rack is needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quoting the statement description: ‘ Each mono power amplifier uses a huge 4000VA transformer to power speakers with precisely 746W’.

I find that ‘precisely’ hilarious. There must be some joke behind it.

2 Likes

1 horsepower!

3 Likes

Having read this, it got me thinking. I even started looking at the Fraim and thinking how it could be arranged with four fewer shelves. But then I remembered: the Statement S1 doesn’t have a tape out socket. Phew!

9 Likes

Nae cables … whit?

That’s it fur me, ah’ll no be botherin’. :joy:

2 Likes

I wonder if they’re just selling it at cost, i.e trade in being that. The profit being in whatever the previous owner bought at MSRP.

1 Like

If you are tempted, n-lot, there is one in the Netherlands for a good price too …

1 Like

The joke is that 745.7 watts is one British imperial horsepower.

O my, 2 full statements up for sale, both at huge discount on new price.
Makes you think, not about buying it, but at the huge depreciation on these units, but probably a good buy secondhand if you are after one.
£20k a unit is still a lot of money, and can only guess what the owner got for them, trading them in.

@Clive Having read this, it got me thinking. I even started looking at the Fraim and thinking how it could be arranged with four fewer shelves. But then I remembered: the Statement S1 doesn’t have a tape out socket. Phew!

Hey…are you messing with me?! LOL

8 Likes

:rofl:

I noticed it was recently serviced, I wonder how much it costs to get a Statement Serivced by Naim?

£300 all in! :rofl:

2 Likes