Bargain Basement statement!

No, Mitch, I was just using your recent experience as an excuse not to consider it further. It was rather tongue in cheek, I admit.

1 Like

Five figures surely?

1 Like

It is an interesting one… horse power aside… at that level there certainly is a view in the industry that best performance is when amp and driver are directly coupled, that is they operate active… that could be a lot of S1s… perhaps more suited for a mid size function hall, rather than a domestic environment.

That really is some horrendous depreciation though. 500/Classic series kit can sell for between 3/4 to 2/3 of new price after a couple of years but these Statements aren’t even keeping half their value.

Anyone eyeing up an S1 pre only might as well grab these instead as the amps are being thrown in for free!

Guessing installation is the stumbling block as it seems as it’s a 2 person job?

It is a huge drop but 7 years ago they were £125 k, not £178 k like now…… so about half price of what was paid. Still eye watering to me.

3 Likes

Time just seems to be passing me by as I can’t believe it’s been 7 years since they released it. I still think of them as recent products.

That’s a serious price rise in 7 years though.

2 Likes

Well you’ve heard of RPI and CPI, now meet NPI.

3 Likes

I know……time……enjoy while we can

2 Likes

:rofl:

Tru dat…

It’s not only the installation but as others have recorded, swapping from say a 552 to an S1-pre, involves a much different presentation of bass - and an S1-pre takes 2/3 weeks to warm up from cold, so the initial ‘whoopee’ can turn in to ‘what’s going on’.

If you suspect you have latent room issues, then think very carefully would be my guidance.

2 Likes

I heard that it takes 7 years to burn in properly too!

4 Likes

Then apparently it needs servicing😬

4 Likes

Any ideas of service cost (If you need to ask etc…) ?

No idea….i guess if you can afford them in the first place, then the servicing is not worth worrying about. Not in my league😥

Same here. Just curious. Just trying to help @dave-marshall spend his money :grin:

I would dearly like to help but even two trying to prise open the wallet may not be enough😁

2 Likes

I know. I do like spending other people’s money :innocent:

1 Like

As Ah says afore, nae cables, nae chance … an’ besides, Ah’m skint!

2 Likes

You huvin’ a go at Jocks bein’ careful wi’ thur cash?

Ah ken where ye live, like. :joy:

2 Likes