Bass on the Nova sounds not right?

On the speaker end one would use Deltron sprung type soldered bananas or stick with your airlocks, assuming they have the same plating as the sockets on your speakers. On the amp end though i would use Naim’s right angled plugs in all circumstances.

Do they fit the Nova, Stephen?

1 Like

Yes, I have them on mine.

2 Likes

Hi Christopher, this picture from the web would suggest that they do.

2 Likes

Thanks, I wasn’t sure.

C.

2 Likes

Except… what would happen if one bought some Super Lumina? There is absolutely no need to use the Naim supplied plugs. Of course, with NacA5 they match perfectly but it’s not a universal truth.

2 Likes

I think it’s more to do with matching the metals with both plugs and sockets. If one is using airlock gold plated plugs then i think this is not ideal and it could well mess with the sound. Mind you the OP said it all worked ok on their previous system, which i find a bit odd. From my experience, NAC A5 is a rather fussy cable with it’s termination and i would in all circumstances use the supplied plugs just as it says to do so on the backside of the Nova.

sorry i keep deleting my posts by accident

I can never ever get used to using a touch screen.

ofcourse…

Hi all…

Well I did do a lot of experiments on cables and connectors during the weekend. I shall publish the results ( astonishing BTW) tommorow.

Allright, leave us a little bit in suspense here :wink:

2 Likes

The suspense is killing me. But having a Nova, I know that it will certainly deliver great bass.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Just to be sure…My dealer connected the subwoofers ( see photo) like this on the speakers terminals. But is this not wrong , and should the connections not be made to the speaker terminals on the Nova

itself ?

If you are running subs, have you tried adjusting the cross over frequency and gain? You may be overlapping too much in the low frequency range, or adding too much gain, or they might even be out of phase? Do you subs take a RCA into from the Nova?

1 Like

I adjusted the cross over as Rel documented and advices in their documents. It does not seem to overlap nor are they out of phase. No RCA connection and therefore no Low-level connection. It goes from neutrik to speakers ( see Above photo)

1 Like

That’s the best way of running a high level connection to a subwoofer when using a Naim amp. That way the additional cabling is not “seen” by the amplifier.

1 Like

Okay, so, have you fixed it? The suspense is to much.

You will be in bed by then Mike, a long wait i am afraid😉

1 Like

Thx again Mr Dane…