BBC/Rodgers LS3/5A LS5/9

Stacked pairs of LS3/5a’s are apparently rather popular.

1 Like

I ‘liked’ but I’m still gutted to have sold on my pair of Chartwell 15 Ohms though!

1 Like

When I left university in 1982 and became employed, one of my first “serious” HIFi purchases included a brand new pair of Rogers LS3/5a’s (along with a Quad 405-II). Fast forward about 10 years and needing to “upgrade” I traded them in against a pair of TDL transmission line floor standers. The HFI shop offered me some paltry amount (like a hundred and fifty quid or something) for the LS3/5a’s which I accepted as I didn’t appreciate their worth at the time. What was I thinking?

1 Like

Well I suspect I might be against the majority, but I have always found the LS3/5A lacking for music… but great for voices for Radio 4 etc…
perhaps useful in a small system were limited dynamic range and frequency extension is required…
But I agree they can look the part… and possibly make a good secondary system in the home office etc. where more for background music.

No, they really do reproduce music better than most. Bias?

3 Likes

Well going by Harbeths philosophy, if it sounds right for the human voice it sounds right!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.