Beatles - Get Back

Mine arrived by wire last weekend and after some frustration with metadata they’re all as a separate file how they should have been.

1 Like

film may be worth a watch , but havent we got too many versions 5/6… of the record it wasnt a great event of the time many heard about it days after the event . i did see the beatles twice the first was with roy oribison. ive have my copy of the vinyl bought at the time i must clean it and listen to it , we must remember not many people saw the beatles live.

1 Like
8 Likes

Only a few hours to go now…

4 Likes

It should prove to be a very enjoyable Thanksgiving Day watch for us here!

1 Like

For forum members thinking of subscribing to Disney+ for this

1 Like

An enthusiastic four stars over on Empire :slight_smile:

So that’s two long and winding road references used, I assume there will be more.

1 Like

Peter Jackson is a great filmmaker, but boy does he need to learn the important of editing…

(I’m still planning to watch the whole lot, though!)

4 Likes

Can’t help wondering if there is a commercial intent behind it that wanted an eight hour output.

Jackson showed he is an absolute master of editing with his magnificent They Shall Not Grow Old documentary.

1 Like

Well I’m one and my wife is delighted because she can now watch The Mandalorian :woozy_face:

2 Likes

It was. From 60 hours of video to 8.

2 Likes

Yes, I know that. And as a huge Beatles fan, i’d be happy watching all 60 hours. But IMO there should be different edits, including one that comes in at less than 8 hours…

Glad you’re enjoying it and I certainly am not saying that you shouldn’t. It is just that if this were the only reason then you might want to think twice and wait for the 2 hour edit to come out :wink:

1 Like

It received a favourable review in the Independent. I just hope it gets a release on DVD.

5 Likes

The Beatles played Thimblemill Baths, Smethwick in November 1962. Just 100 metres from my house. I was six, my mother listened to Josef Locke and Mario Lanza. We heard the screaming and crowds surged down the road. I never saw them play live and by the time I was at work the early stuff wasn’t cool. I think that no one heard the music at the baths, but they certainly would have had an experience in the hall or outside.

2 Likes

That is a typical snarky Groaniad contrarian hatchet job. Everyone else seems to be giving it rave reviews. The Grun’s culture coverage these days is so dumbed-down and middlebrow it’s laughable. Wankers!

I’m an hour into Ep1 and I think it’s fantastic!

11 Likes

Don’t sugar coat it - say what you really think @TheKevster !

2 Likes

I’ve it switched on as background noise during my work. Heresy!

I’m somehow getting nervous by Yoko sitting there all the time.

1 Like

They didn’t turn down your application did they Kev? :laughing: Seriously though I’ve long felt I’m not in their Arts/Culture/Lifestyle demographic - cue Ed Reardon 12 year olds rant.

Yep, agreed.

1 Like