Beautiful Music That Reduce You To Tears

Ditto Great recording

1 Like

Yes, the last guitar solo gets me every time, keep well my friend.

Really enjoying going through these. I find as I get older, I get more emotional, and shed a tear to a lot more than I used to. Here’s two that spring to mind

Lisa Hannigan ft. Loah - We The Drowned

Lucy Kay - Nella Fantasia (From “The Mission”) - especially the end

1 Like

John Martyn’s version of Spencer the Rover always chokes me up. The contrast of needing to leave and then the homecoming.

3 Likes

Waterloo Sunset was played at my best mate’s funeral in Yorkshire today. I get all choked up just thinking about it.

10 Likes

What a lovely song. Sorry to hear about your friend.

‘Do you realise?’ by The Flaming Lips does it for me every time.

Pavane pour une infante defunte by Ravel was my mother’s favourite piece of music so that always produces a lump in my throat

3 Likes

Yes, that song (probably my all- time favourite pop/rock song) is guaranteed to make me emotional. Beautiful music and lyrics.

My condolences. I’m sure he/she will live long in your memories.

1 Like

What a lovely thread. Wouldn’t it be nice to see more like this on the forum?

5 Likes

Who Knows Where The Time Goes - Fairport Convention

12 Likes

Herbert Gronemeyer - Der Weg. Sometimes the best lovesongs are written when people pass away.
The violins at the start get my eyes moist already.

For me it’s ‘Wild Riley’ by the Wallin’ Jenny’s from their live album at the Mauch Chunk Opera House. It came on my as I was saying goodbye to my dog after 16 years of loyal friendship. Breaks me up every time I hear it!

1 Like

Pretty much anything can bring a tear to the eye when the mood is right, even Hocus Pocus by Focus (I kid you not). It is any music which arouses a deep inner passion, either happy or sad.

8 Likes

Adeste Fideles sung by John McCormack. It’s a 1915 recording, 106 years ago. I can only imagine what it was like to be there to hear it live, but even with the limitations of the then recording technology it brings me to tears every time. He sang to thousands, without amplification. Hard to understand now.

1 Like

John Gorka singing Let them in Peter … every time …

This time of year it’s always Britten’s Ceremony of Carols – until recently the King’s Cambridge/Willcocks/Osian Ellis 1972 recording, but in more recent times this one, too

1 Like

Natasha Atlas “Adam’s Lullabye”
Nightwish “Setting Sun”

Both of which we played at the funeral of my Mother-in-Law.

3 Likes

Found it on Tidal, had a listen. Didn’t move me to tears, then I read the background and listened again - a lot more profound and moving this time. Have ordered a copy on CD.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Tim

1 Like

Yes one of my favourites, especially with the late Iona Brown on violin.

Tim

1 Like

There’s a few versions, the Warsaw Philharmonic one is good too but I think the Dawn Upshaw version is probably the best.

1 Like

I can’t put this on the tt without getting a little too emotional

3 Likes