Been Rooned so what next?

Only if you use device volume, but I think Naim have not made this available via Roon so it’s always fixed and you need to control volume from your preamp

Because Roon server won’t run on an iPad. You need a decent cpu based pc to run Roon core. Controller and core can be on the same machine. Read the recommended specs for a room core from their KB.

While an iPad Pro has the horsepower, there seems to be something about needing a server or something rather than a tablet for the Roon Core. Looks like a Nucleus or Nucleus+ for me. I do have a windows laptop i7, 16 GB ram, 1TB storage that I could use also and this would run the core and the remote for sure. Kind of klunky for my wife. I want to keep it simple for her (and me). If the system starts looking like a computer lab, she will gloss out. I do have an iPad Mini running iOS 11.4.1 and an iPhone 7 running 12.1.4. iPad mini would run Roon Remote. I have to check on my phone.

Bailyhill

The Roon Core just runs in the background on whatever device you choose to use. Like a NAS/UPnP server, you don’t need to even think about it when you’re playing music. Just use the Roon app on your iPad instead of the Naim app.
Looks like your two iOS devices will both run Roon remote.

Because there is a concept of Roon ‘core’ - and Roon ‘remote’. Roon ‘remote’ are the control apps, which run on Android and iOS etc., Where as Roon ‘core’ is the server element, it can only run in one place, either on x86 architecture hardware running Rock or Windows, or a Mac on Mac OS.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.