Benjamin Zephaniah!

Lovely obit.

2 Likes

Getting ready to head down to Wales for the season, my previous comment being predictably censored so little point continuing to contribute further just time to post this .
As I’ve already mentioned plenty of his work available to discover online but I just found this interview about his life, upbringing, borstal etc on Qobuz worth a listen

2 Likes

Hi
I’m a little at a loss as to what Mr Zephaniah’s race or colour has to do with anyone criticising the behaviour of another male human being for stealing or beating women? Can’t recall any one criticising his achievements or intelligence either ? Perhaps you could enlighten those of us who didn’t equate race with any of the comments on this thread?

2 Likes

Well said because I certainly didn’t mention race or question Benjamin Zephaniah’s intelligence or his view on the world, I stated clearly my opinion was because I had personal and deep experience of domestic violence and so would find it difficult to enjoy his music from now on.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.