Bernard Cribbins R.I.P

Just heard Bernard Cribbins has passed away at 93, i remember him fondly for his comedy sketches, singing, narration and some lovely angling programmes, he was a keen fly fisherman. R.I.P.

13 Likes

He came across as a lovely man , I think he got to appear in the Dr Who film and TV series

A great shame , however 93 is a good age to reach .

6 Likes

I must confess to shedding a tear this morning when I heard this news.

For many of us Bernard was an ever-present companion through our youth and adulthood.
Some people you hope will always be there throughout your life. Bernard was one such person.
Rest peacefully Bernard and bless you for the joy you brought to so many of us.

13 Likes

Ah, that’s very sad news. Always liked him as he was such a likeable screen presence. I think my first memory of him in a role was watching Daleks’ Invasion Earth 2150, which seemed a TV listings favourite when growing up in the 70s. Also, must have been very cool working with Mr. Cushing too…

7 Likes

Yet another sad loss of a ‘real’ star RIP!

2 Likes

Sad news, a real gent.

3 Likes

Very sad news, but he got to a fair old age.

In addition to his numerous TV and movie roles many of his musical efforts still bring a smile to my face. Hits such as Right Said Fred, Hole In The Ground and others less well known such as:

Actually, although most of these are ‘novelty songs’ that ‘Very Best Of’ album is great fun and a good tonic to listen to if you need cheering up. All very much of their time, but still great fun. A good way to remember him!

9 Likes

For all the variety he brought to the world of entertainment I immediately think of Mr Perks the porter from the Railway Children. Part of my own childhood, and that of my children’s.

6 Likes

In one episode of The Avengers TV series his character was running a ladies knitting circle. Surreal.

Very sad indeed, but a good age. Very versatile actor.

9 Likes

to me on the finest Fawly Towers episodes, I can almost quote it line for line “I understand you sell spoons” his acting with the script and Clesse was superb

also The Wombles , great story teller

RIP

4 Likes

‘How fascinating. How absorbing for you. How much more interesting than being a hotel inspector.’

‘Oh, that’s tepid. Excuse me, do you think I could have an ice bucket for my ginger beer?’

1 Like

Mr. Hutchinson : Now listen, there’s a documentary on BBC2 this evening about “Squawking Bird”, the leader of the Blackfoot Indians in the late 1860s. Now this starts at 8.45 and goes on for approximately three-quarters of an hour.

Basil Fawlty : I’m sorry, are you talking to me?

Mr. Hutchinson : Indeed I am. Yes, now, is it possible for me to reserve the BBC2 channel for the duration of this televisual feast?

Basil Fawlty : Why don’t you talk properly.

1 Like

An ever present part of my childhood - he will be much missed. Plus a great role as Albert Poop-Decker in Carry On Jack

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.