Besides green lights

Hopefully people will post pics of some interesting pieces. I know I asked this before (long time ago) , but what are the best looking pieces of equipment, or system you know of? The sound quality doesn’t enter into this, only THE LOOKS are important.
Starting off with some mainstream pieces -
I’ve always liked the tandberg line so
tr-2075
tcd 3014
td20se
and even a rare pair of their speakers
thorens td126
no need for a complete system but….
or the high # Yamaha receiver cr2040

Sansui C-33000

Marantz 2258B

Not sure what this is but looks good too

11 Likes

The Braun stuff by Dieter Rams

10 Likes

Old Harman Kardon 700 series

I posted a picture of the Armstrong 621 amplifier last time we were discussing aesthetically pleasing equipment. I still like the Armstrong 600 series.

4 Likes

For me, my old Sony TC377 reel to reel tape deck. Loved it to bits.

4 Likes

Cool stuff

1 Like

Also:

afbeelding

… has green lights too …

1 Like

power_amplifier_ap1_2086257

How about Lecson…? Was contemporary to Naim, in the early days.

4 Likes

Not forgetting the 521, my first “proper” amp.

Which was followed by one of these, a Ferrograph F307.

No lights whatsoever in evidence.

2 Likes

Here’s another oldie but goodie… the A&R Cambridge A60.

NB. Just one RED light… :smile:

14 Likes

The braun dieter rams stuff is certainly mainly museum display nowadays and very little of it ever made it’s way to the U.S. so never really saw any. Sadly ,even the small braun clocks have become impossible to find excluding some of the smallest (now unreadable) Also love the old sansui, never saw one that complex but it is lovely and I’m assuming it was one of their quad systems?

I used to love my B&W DM70 loudspeakers, back in the day.

5 Likes

Superseded by the washer/dryer.

5 Likes

That’s surely not terminology we are accustomed with?

Just for the record, thumbs up not (just) for the nova. Look at the beautiful typefaces on the old units. Makes today’s units look so boring. I imagine jobs has a big smile on his face.

1 Like

Is this where the idea of white speakers come from? I imagine with these feet the washer / dryer would skip around. Tarun Sharma the British audiophile YouTuber suggests using washing machine pads for speaker isolation. Now everything have come together in harmony I feel so zen I might levitate.

PS this is (not) what every aussie do in his past time.

3 Likes

We had a Quad system at home when I was a child.

9 Likes

Love this with its noisy red led’s. My first piece of proper HiFi gear.

9 Likes

My friends parents had a B&O system in their kitchen which at the time I thought was the height of cool and modern living. They had a B&O TV with a motorised base to rotate it left and right as well.

5 Likes