Best affordable dac to go with nac202/nap200dr and node2i

I’m using a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC with my 62/HiCap/140 workshop system, and was pleasantly surprised with it’s Naim-style verve plus expansive sound stage. I might upgrade to a Bifrost 2 at some point just to see if it’s even better.

1 Like

I recently tried a Topping D90 DAC, I found it to be comparable to my Chord TT, and happy to recommend it, especially at the price.

1 Like

My dac has finally shipped, should have it by Wednesday. Still waiting on 200dr

2 Likes

4 Likes

Okto DAC got a nice review recently. I think around $800. Made in Prague

I still have an empty spot on rack for my 200dr, hope it doesn’t take to much longer. Already been about 5 weeks

How’s the Bifrost 2 working out for you so far, Sandman?

I would have gone for the chord qutest/ Naim NDAC

other than that the audioquest dragonfly cobalt with a suitable USB streamer

Ive also used the I-fi nano Dac which sounds great

World of difference between those two presentations.

There are still brand new DAC V1 for sale from a well known Carlisle based retailer .

Yes and I much prefer the presentation of a Chord DAC

Me too, but I found the Qutest far too much with my 200/202. I’ve settled on a TT2 but I can totally understand the OP going for a Schitt DAC as they are nicely balanced.

1 Like

I had to signal ground my 202 to work well with Chord DACs.

I found the Mojo works really well with a 202.

the Dave is already signal grounded (so doesn’t apply)

@Analogmusic Forgive my ignorance but what does that mean in practice and why did it need to be done? Is it relevant to my TT2 now I’ve a non-Naim source?

I think the Naim DAC is appreciably superior to the DAC-V1 as a DAC. A bargain secondhand.

1 Like

Naim preamps sound better when they have a grounded signal earth

You should contact Naim or Chord on how to do this. Sorry but forum rules prevent me on advising any more on this topic.

So far I’m really enjoying it, I’m getting a lot more details in the recording, yet it’s really smooth sounding no harshness at all. The bass started out a bit soft, but is really starting to get some slam to it.
Can’t wait to hear it with 202/200!

2 Likes

Super! I dig the Modi Multibit DAC on my CB system because it has that Naim-style foot-tapping quality.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.