Best Album of the 90’s and why

You’re all mad, obviously cabin fever. Go and take yourselves for a walk around the house get some fresh air hopefully come to your senses. It has to be OK Computer. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Never mind.

2 Likes

Ok what about the 80s any suggestions. Think the 80s would be much more controversial.

True, but was working backwards. Trying to find the best album of the 70s might take a long while and upset a few.

Perhaps we should just stick to 90’s - before we know it we would just have (another) best album ever thread. By all means open an 80’s thread - I already have a shortlist ! ATB

arent we forgetting something…Primal Scream, Screamadelica

1 Like

I’m happy to stick to the 90s, so we’ve agreed OK Computer wins hand down :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hahaha - nice try!

1 Like

Agreed with Portishead, Dummy and Massive Attack, Mezzanine.

Then I also throw this in for its dense musical arrangements and whiskey, ambient, indy rock:

images-8

1 Like

Agreed.

I always thought that ‘The Bends’ was a better album than ‘OK Computer’

2 Likes

Deep Purple – Perpendicular (Overlooked classic). First Purple album featuring Steve Morse.

This album just ticks every box for me. Definitely in my all time top 5.

8 Likes

:flushed:

1 Like

Not convinced. I think you need to listen to another track. :innocent:

Nice try!:wink:

Nevermind
August and Everything After
Automatic for the People
Out of Time

4 Likes

Slint - Spiderland !!

Inspired so many that followed.

J McB

2 Likes

Intelligent Dance Music was still in its infant years, then this came out expanding the melting pot with excellent production skills from ex Killing Joke Martin Glover.
Set the scene for many others.

4 Likes

This album blew me away when I heard it the first time. I still listen to it frequently, especially while driving. Perhaps the ultimate road trip album, for me at least.

6 Likes

Totally agree with Blue Lines. I’d also chuck in Violator and Heaven or Las Vegas, but here’s handful of the faves I caned most through the 90s…

2 Likes