Best albums for speaker set up

hi dozey, got it thanks

https://www.soundliaison.com/index.php/536-sound-liaison-dxd-music-sampler

Of special interest to the audiophile community might be tracks 2, 3, 6 & 9.These tracks have been recorded using just one microphone the Josephson C700S.

The advantages of the One Microphone approach to recording are obvious: perfect imaging, great sense of depth, superior realism and phase coherence. The phase coherence makes them ideal for optimizing speaker placement and finding the optimal listening position, the sweet spot.

I found one particular track that sounded dreadful until the bass on my system was sorted, and then transformed from an indeterminate mush into the most glorious sound. Iā€™ve pinched a quote from an Absolute Sound review which says it better than I can:
ā€œThe deep bass guitar melody that underpins the Stewboss track, ā€˜Wanted A Girlā€™, with its sustained notes and soft edges, is a real test of a speakerā€™s ability to define pitch and placement at low frequencies: Pitch, position, shape and pace, creating the perfect, pulsing swell below the array of subtle percussion work, guitars and harp that fill the soundspace and cradle the plaintive vocalā€.

If your speakers can pass this test, I believe you can consider them sorted!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.