Best ‘All in one incl Speakers’ for Under £500

Brother-in-law looking for a cd, radio, bluetooth & speakers set-up for under £500. He’s asking me as he thinks I’ll recommend the best sounding one…but I’m clueless.

Thanks in advance.

G

Second hand mu-so gen 1, cd player from richer sounds connected via optical into the 3.5mm socket on the right hand side.

Otherwise its probably a half width denon all in one with a pair of q acoustics.

Richer sounds have Panasonic SA-PMX82 & DALI SPEKTOR a fair bit under budget.

2 Likes

Tell him to look at Richer Sounds website.
Did it for friend recently. He asked for advice, I asked him what his budget was, he said there wasn’t a proper budget so I told him to get something from RS with some Wharfdale speakers and he did. A Denon all in one box, It makes sounds and he is happy, so it is a win all round. Right up to moment he heard my stuff and he asked why his didn’t sound like mine.

2 Likes

Ruark R3? No idea what it sounds like, but I’ve had an R1 as my bedside radio for years and v happy with it. It’s slightly over budget, sorry.

Roger

1 Like

If he has access to a computer and can rip CDs to FLAC it might make his budget stretch further…

Thanks everyone. He’s going for a Cambridge Audio 1 with speakers ‘bundle’.

G

Is the muso qb 2 a stand alone player or just a satellite for the rectangular muso 2?

Also assume the qb 2 has built in speakers?

Sorry for thread drift

The Mu-So Qb is stand-alone and is the smaller cube shaped sibling to the Mu-So. In some respects it’s even more remarkable than the original for the music that emanates from such a small box.

Here are the active speaker drivers on the Qb, there are also large passive radiators on each side panel.

1 Like

Thanks Richard
Looks like Xmas present decision sorted👍

Mu-So Qb…no CD though…

1 Like

A used Arcam Solo would fit the bill I would have thought.

1 Like

I’d say yes to the Ruark. We have an R4 and I’ve just managed to pick up an ex demonstration one for dear Mother in Law for under £400. No bad and looks just like new. Ours is 3 years old and hasn’t given any problems at all.

Definitely worth having a look at the Revo SuperCD - it does all the things on your list. Costs £540. I have the Revo Superconnect and I think it is brilliant.

1 Like

All sorted thanks.

G

I use the little active Ruark MR2…and really they are very good stick a nice little streamer on the end of them and they are fantastic… punchy detailed and spacious…very enjoyable…a bargain…I run mine from the smart TV and access my nas drive and have full access to my audio library…ace…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.