Best blu Ray for Uniti nova

I got Reavon X200 15% discount , quite happy with the purchase.

Few observations:

1. Nova DAC gives better results so someone having similar setup can consider Reavon UBR-X110. I went for X200 as 110 is not available in Singapore.
  2. Panasonic 9000 is sold at 3K++ and does not have SACD and DVD-A support.
    Thank you team for helping me with this decision.:pray::pray:
1 Like

I think the lack of SACD on the top of the range Panasonic is a mistake in marketing terms, yet Technics do offer an SACd facility on their Cd :cd: player

1 Like

'For what it’s worth Reavon will play SACD but the top end Panasonic doesn’t."

Exactly what I was going to say!

1 Like

Not that I have any SACD or DVD-A discs and I have a Panasonic 9000 but I do agree that the 9000 should have been able to play them being their flagship model.

2 Likes

After using Reavon for a week, had to RMA it once due to failure to read discs.
I can say it came short in terms of build quality and performance compared to uniti nova, now I think Panasonic would have been a better choice.

I’ve used a Sony UBP-X800 for the last 4 years and couldn’t recommend it enough. It plays virtually any format, has a dedicated audio only HDMI output, and I’ve had no issues with failing to read disks. There’s an M2 model which is still available new I believe. While much cheaper than the aforementioned models, I think it would fit the bill perfectly.

2 Likes

The Panasonic 9000 by design will only output 16/48 on either its digital coaxial or optical outputs.
This is a design shortfall in my opinion because if you want to play hi-res audio from bluray discs you cant get 24/48, 24/96 or 24/192 out of the player unless using the hdmi output and a lot of peoples streamer/dacs or standalone dacs dont have hdmi inputs.
I beleive fhe reavon players have the same design limitation because the reavon website says fheir players will output “cd quality” sound on the digital outputs assuming hdmi outputs give you the full hi-res outputs.
Seems like panasonic and reavon only focussed on hdmi hi-res sound outputs into AV Amplifiers and did not consider stereo only streamer and dac users!
I fed this design limitation back to panasonic australia when i found the problem and they forwarded it onto panasonic japan so maybe a future player will correct the problem.

1 Like

Connecting Uniti Nova to TV HDMI ARC and Reavon also to TV with HDMI should give hi res for DVD and Blu-ray.
But CD played via digital or analog input to Uniti Nova will be limited to CD quality only you mean?

I mean the digital coaxial or digital optical outputs from the reavon will probably only be cd quality based on the advice on the reavon website for the players.
I am not talking about the digital input or the anaolgue input to the Nova these inputs will be dependent on the source device output signal quality that are conected into the Nova.

Yes same thing the source in my case is CD played on Reavon.
But I get your point!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.