Best Christmas Films?

Sitting down with this and a glass for the zillionth time!

G

14 Likes

Good film, interestingly the character Steve McQueen played was based on a man who lived in our village, Ken Rees who was shot down over Norway

It’s a Wonderful life would be my nomination

12 Likes

Before I opened this thread, on seeing the title of it my first thought was “The Great Escape”!

1 Like

I see Jason and The Argonauts is also on again…

4 Likes

It has to be, “its a wonderful life” this has to be a mantra for us all, especially now.

However tough it gets, it’s your life and it’s up to you to make the most of it.

2 Likes

Dr zhivago was on yesterday. That was a good one to get the kids off to bed early.

5 Likes

Trading Places?

8 Likes

Die Hard for me. Good shout on Trading Places.
Tomorrow is finally the release of WW1984 so might watch that.

7 Likes

Screenshot 2020-12-24 at 17.38.22

I always follow the service from Kings with this .

Ebenezer Scrooge was based on a politician

3 Likes

Watched elf with today with the wife. silly but fun is how I’d describe it

4 Likes

Elf.

4 Likes

Trading Places, Die Hard and Elf are our favourites. We watched The Exorcist yesterday which wasn’t very Christmassy at all!

1 Like

13 Likes

Watched this 2 nights ago - brilliant

6 Likes

Oh hells yeah. Gremlins!!!

Gotta add the only movie that tops it for me. Some say it’s a Halloween movie. Some say it’s a Christmas movie. I say it’s both :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

There can be only one

8 Likes

It has to be National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.

5 Likes

We watched the muppets Christmas Carol at tea time today with my Mother who thought it fabulous. It was the blu-ray and one lovely surprise was that when I had to pause it to feed the dogs, it entertained everybody else with some intermission performances. Brilliant.

10 Likes
1 Like