Best Christmas Films?

+1

:fire:

3 Likes

Die Hard and

Home Alone

2 Likes

Just finished die hard. Sequel ready for another day.

2 Likes

3 Likes

It’s well known that Die Hard is hands down the best Christmas movie.

1 Like

Klaus

3 Likes

3 Likes

Touching film, we’ve watched it with the kids several times now, some aspects I love, some I don’t but it’s a good family film.

Mrs Pete rolls out her favourite 2, Love Actually and Notting Hill she’s now got our kids involved. She puts up with a lot from me all year round.

I’d rather watch The Big Lebowski

1 Like

As per @crispyduck
A Christmas Carol with Alistair Simm. Just finished watching it.
Already watched Elf, and tomorrow, Diehard. Bruce Willis is adamant that it’s not a Christmas movie. What does he know 
?

1 Like

Interestingly the director, John McTiernan says that it is a Xmas film!

2 Likes

I think this counts possibly as a Christmas movie. One of my favourites

4 Likes

Recommended to me by a French friend - available with sub-titles and absolutely brilliant.

2 Likes

Home Alone and A Muppets Christmas Carol for me.

Although we watched The Grinch (2018) the other night and it was awesome. Felt slightly embarrassed when I spent all of the film saying “Jack Black is quality in this”, to find out it was Cumberbach who voiced the main character !!!

Scrooge
 1970 :slight_smile:

Albert Finny aces this role :slight_smile: and Alec Guiness is also very good.

2 Likes

The Great Escape, The Bridge on the River Kwai or Dam Busters all classic films, but theres one that eclipses these. Fix bayonets and fall in three deep for Zulu, an event after which 11 Victoria Crosses were awarded

4 Likes

My girls love this as a Christmas ‘institution’:

G

G

2 Likes

Trying to think but can’t accees the TV as the kids are playing Nintendo Switch games! I may bore them with some John Wayne or Bond later.

Not my opinion but the kids love it: