Best Hi Fi on TV?

You were right. I checked in google. It’s orange clock.

3142A117-0448-4550-81CA-020E6DC23E85-2947-0000031439DEC9D4

Joey and Chandler’s apartment with some serious looking Martin Logan speakers.

4 Likes

John Wick Chapter 3 (Parabellum) - Ian McShane’s character (Winston) puts some vinyl on a McIntosh system prior to the grand finale fight in the Continental Hotel (01:31:21)

George

1 Like

George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces on Channel 4 a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Ah yes. Weren’t there some B&W minipod blue speakers also on display in other episodes?

I was always a bit disappointed that they had a lovely pair of electrostatics but no evidence of any kit to drive them. It must all have been on a lively rack on the fourth wall :wink:.

Mark

Robert Redford spun a few tunes on a serous looking turntable in Indecent Proposal. I think it was the top of the range Clearaudio.

LP on the floor is Art Garfunkel - Watermark.

Film rather than TV, but I’m surprised this one hasn’t been mentioned yet…

Mia’s Teac X-2000M from Pulp Fiction.

And then of course there was the Nakamichi RX-505 used in 9 1/2 Weeks…

5 Likes

1974 film ‘The Conversation’ with Gene Hackman - excellent film about surveillance - here’s Gene (Harry Caul) in his apartment with his HiFi.

George

4 Likes

Diva?

2 Likes

The power amp is a HK770

My friend recently just restored two of them, full recap, reflow solder joints and such.
Picture courtesy to my friend

1 Like

Jonathan Creek

1 Like

TV Show - Suits / Harvey’s office set up

2 Likes

Nice kit, but no wires!

No idea what this kit is, but from a great film “as good as it gets” with Jack Nicholson playing a single male (Melvin) with OCD. A very funny and heartwarming film.

4 Likes

I can spot a nice Harman Kardon 430 receiver at the bottom of the middle stack.

1 Like

You’ve got to love the way the YouTube video title suggests that it’s the Nak that’s the most significant aspect of that film sequence. I’m sure the viewing public felt the same.

Nothing wrong with the priorities of hifi buffs, eh?

Mark

@Ebor 9 1/2 weeks was the burn in time surely?

That’s what I’ve always assumed. Is there another interpretation of the title that’s passed me by?

I find it depressing that some people seem determined to perceive all sorts of sexual innuendo in a perfectly good informative film about classic 80s hifi. Some people just have their minds in the gutter.

Mark

6 Likes

I spotted this Naim reference in the 2nd episode of The Umbrella Academy series 2. It’s the address of the father’s shady umbrella company. Does anyone know if this is genuinely a Naim reference or just a coincidence? I could probably do some research into the writers but maybe someone here already knows.

1 Like