Best internet radio anyone?

Hi all, it’s great to see this thread still running and with SO many ideas! I’m still listening to Radio Paradise but more and more to JB Radio 2…It’s totally without any DJ crap and plays a fab selection of tunes across all genre. Although, for me personally, I’m happy to say I’ve never heard garage or rap on it.

Across those stations, I hear so many tunes I love, both “new to me” and “Oh my, I saw that band 20+ years ago and forgot how good they are”. Using that as a means to then move to Spotify and research even more just fills my ears with music. (Yes, I know Spotify isn’t for everyone but it works for me…)

Keep the ideas coming, y’all!

Mike

2 Likes

Tonight it has been RelaxingJazz (the station from St Lucia) all evening.
Wonderful.

Take a listen to PureClassix and Timewarp Ireland.
Both great stations similar to RP and JB2 and as you say without the chatter.
I think you might like them both.

Thanks Paul, I’ll give them a go!

vTuner have “PureClassix” as “Pure Classix” and their poor search will not find it as one word.
I have reported it a couple of times but vTuner done nothing.
Improved vTuner search would be helpful. Not rocket science.

If Naim/vTuner users are experiencing issues with their radio stations - found this on another topic
@Stevesky is on the case.

1 Like

Is there any psychedelic blues- rock station from the 60s and 70s years? i would like to get inf`

If you enter “psychedelic” into Naim Radio or vTuner search it comes up with about ten stations including 24-7 Psychedelic Rock.

1 Like

Any flac on those 10 staions you mantion?

No, not that I am aware.

Flac stations such as Radio Paradise, PureClassix and SuperStereo are general pop/rock stations with some psychedelic content.

1 Like

Still love and missing those amazing time what those bands-Artist contribute for the music

Motherearth radio is dead?! :sleepy:

Looks like it.

@Stevesky has posted that vTuner have now sorted their problem of last couple of days.

Hi All,

ref: Mother Earth Radio.

Based on their website it looks like they have run out of money to keep it running.
We’ll keep the station listing for another month, but if it goes nowhere then we’ll remove it from the Hidef section.

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

1 Like

Gladys Palmera

Hello, is anyone else having trouble connecting to this Latin station?

It is not playing on vTuner.
It is OK on Airable so likely a changed URL issue @Stevesky
It is quite a happy station - I think Robert Plant would like (some of) it.

Fantastic. Thanks for the heads up

Hi all,

It should be working now. VTuner are recovering their database and they’re doing most popular first to minimise impact.

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

Thank you! Gladys Palmera is back in action, I’ve got my tropical tunes to listen to whilst this hot weather lasts.

My other Spanish rock station (and flamenco, bossa-nova, ska and thrash) is RNE radio 3 - are all the RNE stations not connecting for the same reason?