Best internet radio anyone?

NTS Radio is so far ahead and so much better than any other radio station IMO. It’s the only music streaming service I subscribe to. I only found out about it as Andy Weatherall used to have a regular slot. I have discovered so many new artists through it.

1 Like

I listen to internet radio all day. I have lost since last year a Christmas type frequency that I loved. Can anyone point out the top three Christmas radio stations in vogue? (Traditional, Jazz, and Christmas Classical). Me, I remember it had a name like Christmas radio FM but I don’t want the French band now,…they talk too much!

Earlier in this topic
Radio Santa Claus

see Best internet radio anyone?

If you search vTuner for “christmas” there are hundreds of others.

I’d quite like to see what “Radio Santa Claus” offers. But, here’s the frustrating thing…I only have a 1st generation MuSo and rely on the new Naim Focal app to work it. I have previously been able to search for radio stations. But, the only option I now seem to get access to is “Naim’s Choice” In other words, if I select the “iRadio” option from the initial menu on the app, I can see my presets and if I press the same “iRadio”, it takes me to “Naim’s Choice” (see screen shot attached)

I wonder if someone might enlighten me how I just , well, do a search on ALL stations?

(I must have done this in the past…Perhaps it’s just an age thing.)

All the BBC local radio stations appear not to be working. I have tried several.
They are reporting an error on the vTuner webpage and on Airable that it is “due to contractual or technical problems”. Probably the technical problem is the BBC pulled the plug out.
Does anyone have any more info? @Stevesky

It is not you, I had the same issue when assisting a colleague with his Mu-So.
see topic MuSo Gen 1 - IRadio, updating firmware, Asset media and Focal/Naim App
I got no response.
I think I kept pressing buttons till it worked!!!
IRadio is messy and illogical to navigate.
Perhaps @Stevesky can advise (and maybe get app corrected/improved).

Thanks Paul. It’s all a bit odd as I managed to add 60 North Radio the other day but have no idea how or why the app suddenly decided to let me do the search!

(I did read the forum message you suggested and, in a weird way,was reassured that it wasn’t ‘just me’! But. I’m no nearer solving what should be a very straightforward question…)

I have to say that whilst I love the MuSo and the quality of sound it produces, I just think things could be easier for us less technically aware / gifted. My little Ruark R2 is SO much easier to deal with!!

Mike

Use the search via the magnifying glass icon on the Naim app home page. Interet radio results are at the top of the list, but you have to tap to open it.

Just a quick follow up… I’ve just installed the app on my brand new Galaxy tablet. Following the same route (i.e selecting iRadio) the screen went - very briefly! - to ‘Radio list’ then defaulted to Naim’s Choice. I didn’t get the chance to try and enter anything into the search on ‘radio list’!!

So, it looks like an app issue.

See my post above, you do not search for radio stations from within the iRadio inpit!

Thanks for the info.
If it works that is great.

However not very intuitive or logical!
Perhaps still needs app improved.

It took Naim a while to get round to adding any sort of ‘global’ search to the app. When they did, for those inputs that support it they put them all under the same search button on the home page, I’m sure a lot more people would have found it if it was in the relevant input.

Thank you, Paul and Chris. But…

As you’ll, hopefully, see from the attached screenshots…

1 There is no magnifying glass on the home page (that I can see, anyway)

2 A 2nd tap on iRadio has now decided to produce the results you can see on the other screenshot - this is the one that appeared only fleetingly this morning, but is (today anyway!) visible and seems stable.

Still don’t know how to find Radio Santa Claus though :crazy_face:

Aaah, just noticed that you have a 1st gen. Muso. The global search only works on 2nd gen. Naim streamers, sorry.

Hi Chris, thanks for that. At first, I thought "oh well, c’est la vie (you can tell I listen to FiP a lot…) but then I thought that seems a bit unfair. After all, the app shouldn’t surely have anything to do with which generation of MuSo or other Naim equipment is being used when it comes to acting merely as a search engine?

I’m sure there is a long technical reason, but if anyone from Naim is following this forum (or maybe Paul can ask them as he seems to have a lot of contacts there!), perhaps someone might either a) enlighten me or b) say "great idea, we’ll update the app!

Thanks anyway for taking the time to reply, take care

Mike

1 Like

Very frustratingly, this morning the “iRadio” option on the app is, once again, flying past the " “general internet radio” list and defaulting to Naim’s choice.

Same on my phone (Google Pixel 4a) and my brand-new Galaxy tablet.

That’s it, my spleen is vented, I wonn’t mention it again!

1 Like

Fantastic and only really possible with today’s internet radio. Thanks for the recommendations, it is certainly one of favourites.

1 Like

@Stevesky Can you assist with the instructions for IRadio “All Stations” etc. as a few Mu-so 1st gen users (and presumably 1st gen streamers) are having difficulty in navigation and searching for radio stations (see above).

1 Like

Hi Victor, it is actually very easy to find even on 1st gen streamers. Hit the “Most Popular Stations”, then “Genre”, then “Holiday” - and all Christmas stations show, including Radio Santa Claus.

1 Like

One of my favourite channels is very specific and I am sure most of you will have absolutely zero interest but as I am learning welsh, I have discovered and really like Cymru FM as it is welsh language music which covers folk, rock, pop, electronic, and without interruptions. Personally I find the quality of the music is great. There are some really talented welsh language artists performing and recording in Wales presently.

It’s a very difficult language to learn so I need all the help I can get! (Even if I can still only get a few words from the lyrics that I understand)

But also a fan of RP 320 (mellow mix mainly)

1 Like