Best internet radio anyone?

Liking that a lot, very chilled. It’s amazing how good 128k can sound if done right.

2 Likes

I’m absolutely with you on that.

1 Like

Folk Alley. A great selection of folk/roots/Americana.

2 Likes

I am indeed often amazed how good this station sounds even when only broadcasting in 128kb. Glad you noticed it too!

Great response! I need to try them all !

I occasionally listen to 3WK from St. Louis - Missouri. Discovered them about 10 years. SQ not brilliant but good mix covering blues, jazz, classical, rock, indie, etc, in one of their sub-stations.

1 Like

I’ve listened to radio Paradise for years too and it’s still in my favorite presets but since I discovered relaxing jazz I haven’t moved from the jazz groove west anymore …

16 Likes

DKFM if you like shoegaze/dream pop type of stuff

1 Like

Radio Blues

From Paris :call_me_hand:

9 Likes

I get local advertising breaking in on some stations, does anyone know if there’s a way to block or prevent this happening? Listening via vtuner on NDX2.

You’ll probably like Klassik Radio: Smooth Jazz too. Nice music to have on in the background when working from home. Like your suggestion there are no adverts.

1 Like

Antenne Bayern Chillout
Great for background listening (relaxing pop/dance, lounge music) and the sq is pretty impressive for a 128k stream.

1 Like

Audiophile jazz @ 320 Kbps was my fave, however I think it has been recently blocked, due to court ruling re steaming international radio stations in UK via the likes of tunein radio/vtuner, something to do with Sony?

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks for pointing this station out to me. I find it in the list as Klassik Radio Smooth, but assume that is the correct one. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes it is, I just pulled the name out of Roon which I suspect has been subtly altered. There are some other stations in the Klassik Radio series which are worth a try.

1 Like

Amazing replies, guys!

On a slightly off-topic question…I have a 1st generation MuSo and no intention or need to upgrade it. But, I wondered how people connected to it? I know NAS is “the answer” if you want to hear tunes you’ve collected, but what about internet radio? There are only 6 presets (as far as I can see, please tell me if I’m wrong!) in the Naim app, so I’m using bluetooth to connect “none-preset” stations from my 'phone. But, is that the best way? Is there a better, or different, way?

There are limited presets (Muso Qb so in my case 5) on the unit itself but I think the limit is 40 in the app.

Many radio stations are available through the iRadio button in the app. There is no need for Bluetooth.

2 Likes

Ah. The app / iRadio. Of course! Thank you!

I just wondered…There are, indeed, many stations on the iRadio section of the app. Thank you! Perhaps someone might be kind enough to tell me how I find how to save them “in the app”. PW42 thought there was room for 40??

I’ve tried tapping on the icon / double tapping on the icon / long hold on the icon (that just gives a “play now” option).

Perhaps it’s me??? My MuSo is first generation, perhaps that makes a difference?

Mike