Best internet radio anyone?

see link Best internet radio anyone?
Does @segelmatt 's earlier response not work for you?

Hi Paul. Yes it did! But that is only because the app decided it would go to the right screen straight away. It’s just so odd - and very frustrating! Just to add to the confusion, my brand new Galaxy tablet has the app on as well so I tried that after trying on my (also new Pixel 6a phone) and the app decided that Naim’s Choice was the screen it wanted me to see!

Ah. I might have found an answer. Have just tried the app again and it goes straight to Naim’s Choice screen. Previously, I’ve hit the Home icon and tried iRadio again. (Sometimes, that had weirdly worked). This time, I hit the ‘back arrow’ at the bottom of the tablet screen NOT anything in the Naim app and that had taken me to the screen I want i.e. ‘Internet Radio’. Also, very oddly,the app on my phone now goes straight to the correct screen. I’m unsure if they if because I’m using the app on two devices concurrently

And after all that, I can’t see Radio Christmas Jazz France (mentioned in the thread recently) which is the one I wanted to try. Aaargh,! I’m going for a lie down now :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

I found it in the vTuner website search using “Jazz Radio Christmas Jazz”.
see link vTuner Internet Radio

Perhaps try the same in the Naim search.

A user on another topic thanked our leader Richard for his work on the forum - I second that.

I would like to thank @Stevesky (Steve Harris) for all his work sorting out radio station and vTuner issues.

4 Likes

A little initiative helps. When Sonoio introduced Radio Christmas Jazz France (Thank you btw!) he gave the location - obviously France. So all you need to do is Location-Europe-FranceHiliday, and you are there.
I am not quite sure about alternative apps, but sorting hundreds of thousands of internet radio staions is certainly not trivial. Finding them in the Naim app appears fairly easy to me though.

Regardless, a very merry christmas to all of you!

Thank you. I agree about using iniative. But, it helps if the Naim app allows a search to be done without defaulting to whatever page it seems to think is the choice for the day. Which was really the point I was trying to make.

1 Like

@Stevesky Several users have pointed out problems with radio search especially on 1st gen devices.
Can we have definitive instructions for navigation “within the Naim app”.
If necessary can we raise an app change request to resolve any issues?

And thank you Paul for staying on top of the internet radio file.
Most helpful.

2 Likes

Well BBC Sounds is removing the Shoutcast MP3 format in mid-2023 to focus on HLS and DASH formats.
The HLS-AAC is certain better than the outgoing MP3, though I don’t the full strength version, as not being resident in the UK.
The DASH could provide lossless FLAC as per the previous trial.
I hope this doesn’t come with geo restriction on its consumption.

DASH stream is throttled outside the UK.

MPEG DASH Streams

Oh well. I still pay for BBC content through my FibreTV company, Virgin Media Ireland.
It is a shame that full-rate access to paying non-UK consumer cannot be provided.
Same as access to BBC iPlayer

Well that is not flac CD quality nor Hi-Res flac that some stations are already using.
The BBC continues to go backwards with poor quality streams.
And no metadata.
Maybe they are not long for this world!

Hello.
Can anybody please give me URL from this radio station (LUV RADIO) so I can put in vtuner.

Thank you.

Regards
Ales

Try
https://funasia.streamguys1.com/live2

Thank you, it’s working.

1 Like

I think I’ll give up understanding my Naim gear… playing with the Unitiserve, getting this:

So I can stream in CD-Quality using the Unitiserve???

But cannot save it. A Miracle?

Looks wrong to me.
The Jazz Groove is only available in flac CD quality if you subscribe to Premium service.
Radio Swiss Jazz does not offer CD quality stream only mp3 & aac.

Is it being transcoded as appearing as wav?

P.S.
@Stevesky vTuner need to update
west = The Jazz Groove Mix #1
east = The Jazz Groove Mix #2
They only changed about THREE years ago.

SuperStereo 8
New station - Soul and ballads in 24/96 - sounds mighty fine.

URL http://198.204.228.202:8643/SS8

@Stevesky I think vTuner need to add SuperStereo 5, 6, 7 and 8 !