Best internet radio anyone?

Thanks for the tip! And also agree about RP repeats.

1 Like

RP has three channels. The other day I really enjoyed the Mellow mix.
With other channels it won’t repeat so often.

There’s four afaik. The only one I don’t regularly listen to is Eclectic.

1 Like

I often open the RP website in a browser when I’m listening. Apart from the details of what’s playing you can see the comments from other listeners. The other interesting thing it shows is how many times the track has been played in the last 30 days. Generally, for the main channel, this is most often 2 and I can’t remember when I last anything with 4 or more plays. It also shows the plays on the sub-channels - and these can be very high, as many as 12. I think the sub-channels are even more repetitive with a smaller overall pool of tracks.

The website has a useful track option which means the display details keep up with what’s playing (which is needed if you’re not listening through the webpage/browser.

1 Like

Another vote for FIP from me. Incredible range of music and discovering new stuff all the time.

KCRW Eclectic 24 has some good stuff.

2 Likes

If you get the FIP app and Airplay it you’ll have the info you need. The other bonus is that if you have a Spotify account and sync them, you can add tracks to an FIP playlist it stores on Spotify for future playback.

2 Likes

TSF jazz is a great choice as well, although it does have ads. They also have some jazz concerts live on there as well which aren’t available anywhere else. They have a subscription service if you really want to pursue it further.

2 Likes

Really enjoying this and saved to my presets for quick access. Thanks for the heads up :relieved:

Good idea for a thread and seen and heard some excellent suggestions on here.

1 Like

Excellent station. Thank you for the tip!

1 Like

I am interested in internet Radio and a while back thought I might start a thread. At that time I came across this thread started by Victorthesecond which was already doing the job.

So thanks to Victorthesecond and lets keep the thread going to share all the latest news, stations, likes and suggestions.

I start to appreciate The Jazz Groove more every day. However, in the Naim app it shows a bit rate of 61kbit at my end??? Am I the only one where it says 61kbit instead of 128kbit on both the app and the Atom?

In my ND5xs2

1 Like

I’ve got a whopping 64kb per sec on mine.

I posted details of The Jazz Groove streams on another thread recently. Seems you are picking up the AAC stream and your speed is correct for that stream (see below). Can you select the mp3/128 which I would expect to be better than aac/64. Note I also pointed out there is no East and West and for several years has been Mix 1 and Mix 2 (Naim/VTuner take note).

I use the mp3/128.

Mix #1

Mix #2

Planet rock-not response.
Any reasons?

Planet Rock is playing OK on my system and is also available on their website and other portals. So the station is OK.
How are you listening, on what equipment, how (what app?) and from where?

Hi Paul,
thank you for your quick response.
I stream media via ND5XS2 + DAC using the Naim app.
I actually managed to add the station to my radio stations list, but when I choose it, it does not respond / play …
Is the station active only in England or can it be heard in Tel Aviv as well?

Did it stop working or did you never have it working?

Once I thought station may be UK only but wiki says available worldwide !? Update- Their website says UK only.
You could try playing on their website (“https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-rock/”)
or one of the portals ( “Planet Rock radio stream live and for free” ) to see if those work in your location.

Planet Rock streams are:-
https://stream-mz.planetradio.co.uk/planetrock.mp3 (for mp3/112)
https://stream-mz.planetradio.co.uk/planetrock.aac (for aac/48)

Try putting “https://stream-mz.planetradio.co.uk/planetrock.mp3” into a browser - it should play.
If OK then try checking/correct/re-add to your stations.