Best jokes

Stromeferry-no_ferry

Variation on a theme, and though it’s real and not a joke at all, it still made 'oi larf the first time I drove past.

3 Likes

This is why you shouldn’t put Christmas lights on palm trees:

29 Likes

What should you do if you steal a pet rabbit?

Make a run for it.

4 Likes

I saw that back in 1988 and it seemed odd then. Presumably there was once a ferry until the roads were improved.

I went on the Ferry when a kid on Hols with my parents.

2 Likes

Days 3 to 2,555 man continues to make omelettes.
Day 2,556 the chicken dies.
Day 2,557 God created LOTS of chickens.
Day 2,558 man cooks and eats a chicken.

1 Like

Note to Grammar Police, stolen from a friend, not my spelling.

7 Likes

So did i…

The Isle of Wight ferry to be precise, apparently however my 4 year old ears and brain misinterpreted the word slightly, and as we sat waiting in our Morris Minor near the slip dock i pondered in wonder how a fairy was going to carry us all across.

11 Likes

I had a similar mis-hearing when a young lad in Devon. It was on a small river, and my parents told me that the fairy would be coming to take us across. Imagine my disappointment when some chap in a rowing boat turned up.

2 Likes

And was he?

3 Likes

I was too young to know about such things…

3 Likes

8 Likes

Would no doubt look so much more appetising when fully cooked.

3 Likes

Enough to put any child into therapy

13 Likes

Never mind the kids, it’s not doing me any good.

11 Likes

I really can’t recall if I bave posted this already, so I’ll post it anyway …

I was watching a better than average comedian a while back, and he said that when he was a lot younger he went to his mother and said, “Mum, when I grow up I want to be a comedian.”
She said, “Well you can’t do both …”

11 Likes

“They all laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well, they’re not laughing now”

12 Likes

That reminds me of a line from Dara Ó Briain on Mock the Week. He’d shared a newspaper article which had used him as a reference (with picture) for having a big head, and unsurprisingly the 6 panellists ruthlessly took the mickey out of him. When he protested Chris Addison commented “You exposed a weakness in front of 6 comedians, what did you expect?”. Dara’s reply was “I think of you as friends, I don’t think of you as comedians”.

5 Likes

From the late, great Bob Monkhouse if I remember correctly. Classic.

2 Likes

‘It reached ninety four degrees today.

That’s not bad at my age’

Another of Bob’s…

9 Likes