Best Lossless Site

Thanks Jono,
Have taken all your comments onboard.

Cheers

Tony

One other thing - with the older all-in-one paltform I believe if you added a NAP you could disable the power amp on the all-in-one - this is not an option on the Uniti series. Whether it would make any actual difference or not I have no idea.

Hi Tony, I bought the 200, then the NDX, as I saved the cash, and for a while I was using them with the SU, so it was only working as a preamp. I then traded in the SU as part payment for the 282 as the final stage of the upgrade.
Although I had spent quite a lot of time at my dealers listening to various systems, and knew what I was aiming for, adding the 200, then the NDX, bought about noticeable, but not huge improvements to the SU, to the point where I was wondering if it was all worthwhile, but once the 282 was in, it all came together so I was happy to let the SU go.

Soundliz allows you to transfer your library between streaming platforms with near 200% success

One small caveatā€¦

You may find that you have to sacrifice some small loss of albums/tracks in the process as the new service doesnā€™t carry them, I suspect because the examples in my case were relatively obscure (a couple of ā€œUnthanksā€ tracks and albums by Steve Cobby) but of course all your Pink Floyd and Herbie Karajans (for example) will still be there, I should think, if you like that sort of thing. In my case, the improvement in audio quality is great enough to swallow the griefā€¦ :wink:+

Qobuz.

You must be living in another planet if you have not heard of it. :slight_smile:

I am moving from Tidal to Qobuz.

Your point?

it is fine. IMO, Qobuz is the only streaming service that is worth being considered, until Amazon Music fix their problem.

1 Like

Qobuz every time. Having tested Tidal and Qobuz side by side using a variety of music thereā€™s no doubt that Qobuz sounds better.
The only caveat is that thereā€™s more to choose from in Tidal.

What problem with Amazon Music are you referring to?

Well, you cannot stream Amazon Music to your streamer, and if you are using a PC or MAC to connect directly to your DAC, you just cannot control the bit rate dynamically as the original music sample rate.

Amazon Music needs something like Roon to provide a good streaming environment, and a good user experience.

Ah, I see. I was aware of the first issue you mentioned but not the second. Tidal certainly doesnā€™t have the first problem. What leads you to strongly prefer Qobuz?

Tidal Master is a bad design decision, I wonā€™t subscribe to Tidal, just because of the Tidal Master MQA, it is a deal breaker. Everything else is better than Qobuz.

Disagree, love Qobuz, a fantastic service.

ā€¦and I tried Amazon Music and not worth the time or money.

The problem with Qobuz is that I cannot find some albums, I am not talking about some rare or exotic albums, I am dumb-struck that some of most well-known, and popular albums are not to be found on Qubuz.

I used to think this about both Tidal and Qobuz, until I realised that the search function does not always return results for albums that actually are available. Sometimes it requires a little more digging to find stuff. The Naim app seems to be worse than the Tidal/Qobuz iOS apps in this respect. Roon seems to be the best in my experience.

1 Like

I am using Roon.
I have given up on native apps because they are light years behind the UI interface & experiences.

Nothing is perfect and certainly none of the streaming services have it all and most likely never will. I have tried Amazon, Spotify, Tidal, and Qobuz and out of the bunch Qobuz offers the best for me and have a wide variety of HiRes music available. Between the 2000 albums on my NAS and Qobuz I am happy with my selection.

Good luck with finding the right combination that fits your musical needs.

Hi Everyone,
I want to thank you all for your feed back on my initial question about lossless streaming and my subsequent question regarding where to go next with my system.

From the feedback I think that Qobuz looks like the better bet as my first port of call in subscribing.

With respect to my Legacy system (Superuniti, Power Line and Ovator 400ā€™s) iā€™ve implemented the following:-

Purchased and setup a new Synology NAS (DS 720+), loaded Minimserver, Java and BubbleUPNP to audition Quoboz through the superuniti. (I havenā€™t managed to audition this yet as the Superuniti is at Naim for a service - due back in a week). Depending on how that sounds I will either stay with that or purchase a Unit Nova (I spoke to a fellow who has a Grade B refurbished one for Ā£2799 which i think is a bargain).

I hope this is the right course of action.

Many thanks All

Cheers

Tony
Bournemouth

Thanks, Quinn.