Best OMPS - old and new?

What’s everyones favourite Original Motion Picture Soundtrack?

Mine to date is “Get Carter” from Qobuz. Considering the age of the film, the remaster sounds exceptional.

3 Likes

Easy Rider! Shaped my youth! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The Big Lebowski, some random ones on there. But it’s one of my favourite films and the soundtrack makes it.

Dave

5 Likes

I can’t say I liked the film, but this is a superb soundtrack recorded by the group Audience.

image image

Another film I didn’t like that much, but had a great soundtrack was The Legend of Hell House by Delia Derbyshire. Films I did like with great soundtracks were The Wicker Man and the Italian Job.

My favourite soundtrack composer is Edwin Astley who wrote soundtracks to Colonel March of Scotland Yard, The Saint, Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) and others. Network released some of his soundtracks on 3CD sets.

Also I really like the BBC Radiophonic Workshop who produced many fine soundtracks for Dr Who, Tomorrow People and others.

3 Likes

I have to say, I probably should of included Vangelis - Blade Runner in my original post…

5 Likes

And there was I wondering what an ‘O’ Mode Power Supply was… :grinning:

3 Likes

Any spaghetti western …
the Mission, and Master and Commander

Does Hard Days Night count?

2 Likes

Not a motion picture but True Detective series 1-2 and 3 were superb

2 Likes

RecRev1-e1549403501263

3 Likes

There was another thread called Name a Film with a Great Soundtrack where I listed a few but there are only a few where I have actually bought and really enjoyed the OMPS:
Grosse Pointe Blank
Pulp Fiction
Baby Driver
Plus all the Beatles albums that had an accompanying film!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.