Best RB303 tonearm cartridge?

Any advice up to around £300? Thinking about a Nagaoka 150 but the Ortofon Blue seems another good bet. Rega Exact also in the mix.
Music wise, want something livelier than old Elys 2 which needs imminent retirement.

I had a Denon DL-110 on my RB300 arm for a good while and loved the sound of it. In fact when I ‘upgraded’ to the Dynavector 10X5 I don’t think that sounded as good despite being twice the price

1 Like

Rega Exact makes sense to me with Rega Fono.

2 Likes

I used a 2m blue on a RB300 for a while. I thought it was great!

2 Likes

Yes, Ortofon Blue looks a safe bet, I had a Red on Goldring GR2 TT and liked the sound, not particularly refined but very musical.
I don’t want to muck around with spacers as too lazy :smile:

Another vote for Rega Exact with which I returned to Rega after never coming to terms with my Dynavector.

The 2M blue is a good value point in the range…way better than the red , and not that much short of the black (for less than half the money)
I was a little disappointed with the black after using the blue for months…I expected more

Did you upgrade from the red, japtimscarlet? I have a red but I’m afraid the kids broke it, sounds distorted always. I consider replacing it by the blue needle.

Happy with the bronze myself. Haven’t heard the others on this deck or arm so can’t compare.

@Anonymoot Are you intending to stick with the Rega Fono? Might help those who reply.

If you are not, IMO it’s wide open.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.