Best reissue of the Year 2022

The very recent Frank Zappa box set ‘Waka/Wazoo’, a retrospective of the sessions that produced the albums ‘Waka/Jawaka’ and ‘The Grand Wazoo’

2 Likes

Bob, perhaps then, “favourite” would be a better term than “best” in the thread title.?

1 Like

My reissue highlight of this year was the superb Tone Poet reissues of John Coltrane’s Blue Train - not just the mono but also stereo and an additional disc of alternate takes and a very nice booklet too. If only all reissues were done so well…

My wooden spoon award for the most disappointing reissue must go to the UMe reissue of Steely Dan’s Can’t Buy A Thrill; an apt title for such an unexciting LP, lacking all the sense of drive of the original U.K. Probe.

4 Likes

I agree with Richard about the Tone Poet Blue Train it’s so refreshing when one of the most hyped and eagerly anticipated reissues of the year completely lives up to expectations.

If Alice Coltrane’s Ptah the El Daoud had been as good it would have been something very special indeed not that I’m knocking it given the problems with the source materials Ryan Smith did a great job.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.