Bigger KUDOS titans with NAP300

hi all,

planning my next upgrade which will be speakers was planning to go titan 606 which felt like next natural step up from my beloved super20s

however dealer thrown a curve ball in with some exdemo titan 707s and even titan 808s, any experience with these on the nap300, must say am very tempted by the 808s as is end game for me just wondering if the 300 will drive them well enough ?

for further context in terms of where i will ultimately take my system for end game would be pre-loved NAC552, Choral Mscaler (when ever it finally appears) and the innuos statement

thanks all,

mat

Easy one. Borrow them from the dealer and try them at home. He threw In the curve ball so should deliver and install them for a trial. Both sets mind. In for a penny. :grin:

2 Likes

A home trial is essential in my view. I couldn’t get on with the 606’s in my room at all. OK with the relaxed acoustic stuff I favour for setting up speakers, but I couldn’t get them to rock at all. No bass. Apparently they had only about 30 hour’s use on the clock (the man at Kudos suggested 300 optimum) but you can only judge on what you hear.

3 Likes

I’ve had the 707’s with a 300DR since February and I love them. Am moving up to a 500DR in January hopefully.

Make sure that are run in. That process took an age. Icing on the cake was when I swapped out my original TQ Black speaker cable for Kudos KS-1.

3 Likes

There are a number of us on this forum that run 606’s very happily with 250DR. The 300 should have no problem with 707 or 808. Of course you should demo at home before committing the readies.

2 Likes

808s are pretty good with a 300. Bear in mind that fresh titans seem to take well over 200 hours to run in. When I had the dem set of 808s it took weeks before I was convinced they were the bees knees (they arrived with zero hours). The second set were instantly excellent with a 500 though I know that’s not a question you were asking :rofl:

707s have a lot more bass than 606s but some have found them too much. I much preferred the 707s to 606s both active with two 300s but haven’t heard 707s with a single 300. Have heard 505s with a single 300 (my first Titan listening) and they were excellent. I think the titans were developed with a 300

As always of course only your ears can tell

2 Likes

I had both the NAP300DR and NAP500DR on T707, I now have T808.

The NAP300DR will easily drive T707, it is a perfect match made in audio heaven! I would have thought a 300DR would be an end game power amp in lot’s of peoples systems.

You need to match it up to what speakers you are likely to end up with and home demo. I can’t comment on the NAP300DR with T808 but be surprised if it didn’t do a great job.

2 Likes

For endgame with Nac552 it’s the Nap 500 that’s the ideal partner ,they are really made for each other.

1 Like

I have 252/super cap dr/300 with titan88 and they are excellent superb bass love the combination :+1:

2 Likes

If you are deciding between T606 and T707 you must hear both in your room to make a judgement, don’t be swayed by peoples opinions as only yours count. T808, easily fits in a T707 footprint if a little further apart as the soundstage is wider.

1 Like

cheers all will test them out as only have smallish square room (have treated room though) and see how it goes good to hear that 300 can cope well with all of the titans :slight_smile:

1 Like

For years I drove my Kudos Titan T88s with 52/135s in a very large room.
These are the predecessors of the 808s and are essentially the same type of loudspeaker and I would guess are similar in how they respond to an amplifier.
My 135s drove them nicely and easily filled this large space with a very musical sound.
I have since upgraded my amp and preamp but I would have no doubt that the 300 would drive any new Kudos Titan quite easily. Especially in a small room.
Hope this info helps with your decision. Obviously hearing any of the Kudos speakers in your own room would be best.
Good luck, David

1 Like

I own 707 and they sounded very good with a 300DR. I preferred the 707 to the 606.

1 Like

Listened to 505 & 606 as thought of smaller footprint speaker and didn’t think they were close to the 88s albeit it was only on the end of a uniti nova so not really a fair comparison

1 Like

I’ve had 606 with 300DR for the last 15 months.

Not planning to buy any more speakers or another power amp👌

Buy with confidence (subject to home demo as others have said).

707 and 808 are awesome but would be too big physically for my room.

Good luck

3 Likes

A 250 will quite happily drive the 808s so a 300 will be fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.