Billie Eilish disappeared from Qobuz?

@anon17748768
Thank you for the detailed reply. Your findings concur with other comments I have seen on the inter webs (a shame Linn discontinued their forum - shortsighted imho). Linn themselves have stated the upgrade does not yield the same performance as the full fat one - the new clocking, streaming board, and ability for optical ethernet yield the balance of the gains (particularly the clocking). 75-80% of the new one is what most say.

That may be good enough for me as a dCS Rossini replaced my KDS/3 two years ago in the 552/500 system and the Katalyst moved into the other room where it performs headphone only duties. I was hesitant to do the upgrade as at the time it seemed like one last ā€œmoney grabā€ by Linn due to the fact they announced it was going end of life. I was reticent spending more money on something officially discontinued.

While I understand the upgraded version is 75% of the new fat version - how much better do you think the upgrade is over the current KDS/3 Katalyst - does it become a different animal?

Best
Gregg

1 Like

Hi Gregg

The new KDSM was definitely a stepped change (a very different animal) - wow !, and with a pretty good ā€˜preā€™.
The upgraded KDSM/2 for me was/is more of a (significant) incremental changeā€¦more detail, improved clarity, etcā€¦I wouldnā€™t say its a different animalā€¦however it is a better animal.
I was/am very happy with the improvement vs the cost of upgradeā€¦relatively not a lot of money.

At some point in the nr future I could see a KDSM on my rackā€¦if I got the right dealā€¦

Enjoy

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

Every cloud and I donā€™t even stream. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.