Binge Worthy TV Series

I forget :joy: unforgotten :grimacing:

LOL. I only ask because there was a series The Forgotten.

I just need to take more care. But donā€™t count on it happening any time soon :joy:

Just finished ā€˜we own this cityā€™ and can very highly recommend - itā€™s a limited series so itā€™s a complete story based on a true life police corruption case in Baltimore - same team who did the wire so has that same aesthetic and attention to detailā€¦ best thing Iā€™ve seen on TV for a long timeā€¦

3 Likes

Just watched James May in Japan- which we enjoyed

3 Likes

Picard Season 3 - Amazon Prime

The last Star Trek that I enjoyed was from the era of Voyager and DS9. The Kelvin timeline movies were a mess, although I liked the central character casting.

When Picard was announced I kept my fingers crossed only to be disappointed. Season 2 I could only bare for half an episode. So what of season 3?

If I wanted to be picky I could critique a number of the inconsistencies in the narrative, but they have managed to write something that is well paced and about characters, new and old, about whom I care.

I actually look forward to Fridays, when new episodes are released.

This will be the last series, which is probably a good thing as Patrick Stewart will be needing a zimmer frame soon.

M

2 Likes

It makes you spit with rage, doesnā€™t it?

Wallander

Had the Branagh DVD rips on my server for years but had not watched them. Thoroughly enjoyed them.

Found the original Swedish episodes on YouTube - better. More grit, better police procedure & internal team dynamics.

M

1 Like

First episode of succession is priceless!

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

Have we not done the last of us yet? Episode 3 ranks amongst my best ever tv. Not sure how people would feel about the series if not having played the game though

4 Likes

I donā€™t play video games, so when reading up on the series all the gaming stuff was a bit of an annoyance tbh. Who cares ? It was a bit like ā€œThe Walking Deadā€ coming from a comic. The source doesnā€™t matter if the tv is well done. It was an excellent series in its own right and episode 3 was just fantastic.

Weā€™ve just binge-watched ā€œThe Night Agentā€ which was pretty compelling.

2 Likes

Watching The Diplomat on Netflix - very well written, great humour and contemporary- really enjoying it.
So many programmes are poorly written these days - this proves well written drama is always a winner

4 Likes

ā€œUnstableā€ (Rob Lowe) does not seem to be mentioned yet. Written by his son, who also stars, completely taking the piss out of Rob Lowes fame. Well written. Light hearted.

Plus 1 also for the Night Agent

And for an example of bad writing @samuel99 definitely avoid ā€œThe last thing he told meā€ terrible.

ā€œChristianā€ on Sky Atlantic is a bit different.

We had Season 1 sitting on Q box for ages, but have only watched it with release of Season 2.

Bitter Daises - Spanish crime series, available on Netflix, in the UK (2 series).

Very goodā€¦ IMOā€¦ buy YMMV, etc

1 Like

No matter how hard I try to binge-watch The Citadel I fall asleep every time!

2 Likes

Itā€™s not great is it, the characters arenā€™t very believable either.

The Expanse

Re-watching.

It is interesting re-viewing it and seeing the breadcrumbs laid that will develop over time.

M

3 Likes

Lucky you.

G

1 Like

After comments about The Citadel, Iā€™ve skipped it and started on the Rings of Power, which I missed as we didnā€™t have an Amazon subscription when it came out. The first episode was good I thought, now looking forward to the threads linking together in the next few episodes.

3 Likes