Binge Worthy TV Series

Just watched the first three episodes. Fantastic and totally addictive but I really ought to go to bed now!

As an aside, I lived in Germany briefly in the mid-80s so that just adds to the appeal for me.

1 Like

Just finished episode 7 of series one, really enjoying it. Quite complex and very well put together with great cinematography.

4 Likes

Borgen is excellent. I remember my wife saying why on earth would we want to watch that, a tv show about politics with subtitles and we were then gripped throughout; shame that it didn’t have more series but that might have spoilt it I guess…

3 Likes

Darkness: Those Who Kill, currently showing on BBC4 on Saturday nights is excellent. Danish crime series.

2 Likes

We’re watching that. Followed by a Schitts Creek at the end of the night to lighten the mood before bed!

G

I am probably a bit odd but love subtitled programs - my attention wanders rather easily and I find that having subtitles helps me concentrate.

8 Likes

One of the best things on Netflix but hardly talked about. Intelligent sci-fi that keeps you hooked. But please make the subtitles default, why would you watch it dubbed.

4 Likes

As one of my fav 80’s films been watching Dark Crystal absolutely engrossing and so dark at times. Loving it.

Just finished watching the Spy on Netflix, worth the effort and not a mankini to be seen. :grin:

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly!

1 Like

Do ypu mean the expanse. I’ve watched eries 1 and 2 and thought it the best sci-fi series of all time, really beautiful and deep and full of controvesial themes like power mad, greed, despair, love and egoism. Really well shot with widescale atmosphere.

4 Likes

The expanse is amazing tv.

2 Likes

I’ve 2 episodes to go in Series 2 and its simply outstanding.

No, talking about Dark. I do like Expanse to though.

2 Likes

following this serial since last week. Very good. It shows what happened when Ebola virus entered in the US in the late 80’s. A lot of suspens .

I often watch English films with subtitles turned on as it helps me concentrate on the film. I also sometimes struggle to make out what they’re saying if there’s a lot of background noise (I don’t have hearing issues generally).

By the way, Lilyhammer is a good subtitled Tv series that’s worth a watch and the subtitles didn’t bother me at all when watching it.

1 Like

Must confess I thoroughly enjoyed the first season of Carnival Row on Prime.

Not high brow stuff, but rather entertaining, and struck me as a cross between Penny Dreadful* with a whiff of Game of Thrones, and fantasy creatures.

There seems to be a bit of a political undertone to it with refugee humanoid ‘creatures’ being persecuted by the indigenous population, but there are a few interesting twists, and some novel nookie techniques which seem to be pervading Prime content (The Boys).

Anyhow enjoyable hokum to unwind to.

• (which had the worst ending since Babylon 5 got wrapped up prematurely in Season 4).
1 Like

I watced llillyammer a few years ao series one i tink. It was a super series and a bit off te wall but still really ood. Dont know if i watced series 2 tou.

1 Like

I really enjoyed ‘Barry’ a dark comedy from HBO , it’s about a lowly Hit man who wants to be an actor and features Henry Winkler as his teacher . Quirky but really good.

1 Like