Black Friday - can you be bothered?

Agreed. Storage is often a good buy, certainly with Amazon sales, memory cards/Samsung USB C SSDs and large capacity hard drives I buy often.

From somewhere in the back of the brain, the British cannot resist a bargain. Hence the abundance of discounting on holidays in the weekend papers and all the stuff pushed on TV and the Internet.We have the pre Christmas and, cynical me the New Years sales to come. And the pre Spring sale.
Depending on margins, it can be a bit like airline seats. Something is better than nothing?
High priced items usually have a pretty good built in ability to discount if you ask. Who woud’nt?
After that rant, Amazon are doing realy good deals on Black Friday classical CD box sets. But this media is on the down turn? There is some duplication but not enough to stop me buying. So they got me in the end?
Douiglas.
Douglas

1 Like

I have bagged 15% off a pair of bamboo underpants.

4 Likes

Don’t get too close to a panda then!

1 Like

I’ve been surprisingly happy with mine, great on hot days for the nether-regions :flushed::joy::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Doubtless their rigidity will limit movement and hence sweating.

3 Likes

/Peder😁

7 Likes

Apart from Curry Night tomorrow, I’m also avoiding any spend.

Actually, new 10.2" ipad at £299 at Amazon and John lewis is a good deal.

Which model? New iPad 2018, pro 2017, pro 2018? If it’s the new ipad for 300 GBP, it’s not really a Black Friday. Maybe 5% discount.

2019 ipad is normally £350 ( though sometimes £340) and in fact I can see it’s €350 on Amazon.fr.

So £50 or 14% seems like a discount to me…?!

Every day is Black Friday for me. Learn how and when to haggle and walk away if you’re not happy with the price.

1 Like

Likewise. Lots of people don’t like it though, my daughter leaves the vicinity if I’m going for discount as she gets embarrassed, even in a Turkish market! Usually work something out though, unless major retail chain.

However, eBay item I came across recently had a ‘best offer’ option. Item was somewhat over priced so I made offer at reasonable price, less a little bit more to come back up to. Offer was rejected, increased a little, still rejected. So I contacted seller and asked what they would drop by, to save going and back and forth. They came back with: ‘A pound’. I mean, what’s the point?

In France it costs 370 euros, so around 325 GBP. Perhaps the prices were made higher artificially to help people to believe in the discount?

1 Like

20% of vinyl in-store only at HMV Fri/Sat.

Nearly spent £200 there on Tues so may be worth a return visit - I couldn’t face lugging it around as I had more urgent shopping to do.

Camel… is brilliant! I plugged in a Delonghi bean to cup coffee machine, normally retailing for £400+, got an email telling me it had dropped to £245 - happy days!

2 Likes

No. It’s nonsense.

1 Like

I booked one night in a hotel today and the price was £20 less than when I checked availability a week ago, ostensibly as a Black Friday event reduction…

Best

David

1 Like

20% on bluray as well buuuttt… many that were previously being sold on a 2 for £20 offer were listed at full price of appx 14.99 just for the day.
Work it out. :joy::+1:

1 Like

15% off a pair of Scarpa boots I’d been contemplating for a couple of months.

Willy.