Blues for Bedtime

I’m putting together a Blues playlist for bedtime. Something to unwind after a long day. Please contribute with your favorite or favorites. I always start with Stevie Ray’s Tin Pan Alley. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Someone posted this on what are you listening to… a few days ago and I had forgotten how good it is

8 Likes

Anything from Muddy Waters “Folk Singer”, Muddy and a Young Buddy Guy playing acoustic, terrific recording as well, there are many issues of this some on audiophile labels but the original Chess/MCA CD will do nicely.

2 Likes

Both of those already mentioned are winners, and I’d add this one:

Slim Harpo - The Best of

Excellent bedtime, laid back, boogie from the master.

3 Likes

A Million Miles Away by Rory Gallagher would be a fine bedtime number.

1 Like

Just checked my bedtime playlist and a few of my favourites, give them a try…

Chris Beard - All Night Long
Vargas Blues Band - Do You Believe In Love
Bobby “Blue” Bland - Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City

1 Like

Great album but this one ‘After The Rain’ from Muddy is a sensation - thre track Bottom of the Sea is just incredible.

2 Likes

61ZA9a5uaIL.SY400

3 Likes
1 Like

Appears to be the only Muddy album I don’t own, thanks will check it out.

2 Likes

It is excellent (Folk Singer). I have been meaning to get it for years and wanted an audiophile LP but was put off by the price in the UK. However, I recently got the BGO CD, which also has Muddy Waters Sings Big Bill (Broonzy) on it. That is also very good - Muddy Waters makes the songs his own - and was recorded in 1959 with a small band of Chicago musicians.

1 Like

WHAT! It is amazing - in a very interesting period for Muddy under the patronage of young Marshall Chess.

1 Like

Duster Bennett 12 DBs
Nice and gentle before bed. Rarely mentioned, always entertaining live and connected to many of the UK big names of the 60s blues scene.

1 Like

Wow…Duster Bennett! There’s a name from the past! Excellent!

Oh yes that is nice, thanks for that…will search a copy out…it’s what “Electric Mud” could have been, but I do confess to quite liking “EM”…

1 Like

Me too.

I have the same CD but a US issue on MCA, it’s a great disc. Just checked my vinyl and I have a French Vogue pressing from the 1980’s I think, haven’t played it in years, will rectify that. Back to the thread…

‘Blues singer’ by Buddy Guy is a great album going back to his roots and a truly great recording too. You could also check out ‘Midnight Blues’ by Snowy White, an absolute corker of a track from his album No Faith Required :+1:t3: Again a lovely recording. ATB Peter

I have this compilation CD which I enjoy: folder

Since I’ve been loving you - Led Zeppelin
Be my friend - Free
Smoke Stack Lightning - Howlin’ Wolf