Bluetooth audio lag after firmware update

Don’t know about your,but I don’t believe it will be fixed this month :smiley: sorry

1 Like

Probably Steve meant this year and not this month
Firmware without rollback and more than 4 month to fix is a no go. Definitely my last Naim

3 Likes

Steve, can we request software dowgrade? The software version before upgrade worked just well. Could you please send a link or redirect us to download server or smth.
Thanks!

1 Like

How much longer? Please man…

2 Likes

Hi,

An option to downgrade to any version of the firmware the owner deem suitable for his usage is a Brilliant Idea.

Different Folks, Different Strokes.

Regards Wayne

1 Like

FWIW, hands are likely tied here as I don’t think the licensing agreements with 3rd party streaming services allow this.

Would it be possible to get an update, please? It feels like it’s not recognised that this is a use-case breaking regression. 5 months and counting to fix…

Hi guys,

The new release is having the paperwork finalised and then it will go live.

Based on we typically don’t release new code at the end of the week (customer/dealer support), it’s likely to go live next week now.

Best regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Steve.

See here:

https://community.naimaudio.com/t/firmware-update-4-3-1-for-mu-so-2nd-gen/23374/3

1 Like

Do you have the remote control issue after update? If I stream tidal or spotify, the next song button doesn’t do anything on remote controller

Thanks.

Hi Richard,

Not sure what got fixed, but AirPlay on my MacBook still has a 2 seconds lag and I cannot stream any movies. When I use Bluetooth instead, my Qb2 offs itself after playing for a few minutes.

Has anyone else similar issues?

Thank you,
Marko.

Paging @tomvamos

AirPlay 1 always had 2 seconds buffering / delay.
(I worked around that years ago by using VLC and setting a respective -2 seconds offset while doing so.)

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, @PhilippVH. I will give it a try tonight :slight_smile:

It’s setting an offset on the audio track compared to the video stream, IIRC.

1 Like

@PhilippVH, it did the trick. Thanks again :pray:t2:

1 Like

I’m a bit late in this thread, but I can confirm that 4.3.1.6471 fixes the Bluetooth delay problem between my iPad and the Qb2.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.