Bluetooth audio lag after firmware update

There are not that many people in the beta, it is difficult to cover everything, and Bluetooth is not the most popular thing …

I understand that; what I don’t fully understand is that if the external vendor provided fix before Christmas, and the fix is isolated to the bluetooth component, why a hotfix for that and that only couldn’t be expedited earlier.

My qB sits in my office and is occassionally connected to my PC when I stream TV - can’t do that for several months now due to a bug that was apparently fixed more than a month back.

1 Like

It may depend on how big that fix is. If its a one-line code change, then you might produce a hot fix, but Naim are very much concerned with what effects changes have, so if it’s a whole new Library of code, then Naim would want to do a more thorough amount of testing, whereas other manufacturers may just not bother.

1 Like

Same issue here as well. Chromecast appears also affected.

It is a really shame that a speaker close to $1k has an audio lag problem with the most basic bluetooth function. I couldn’t use my naim muso qb2 over a month after the firmware upgrade. I think engineers in naim have to give us a way to downgrade the firmware if the fix takes time.

1 Like

It is not great, I agree. Just saying that I am not surprised if none of the users in the Beta group use Bluetooth, or not in such a way that the lag would be noticed

Hi all! I just bought the Mu-so Qb as a sound bar and it is totally useless. After reading this here, especially that this has been going on for over a month now. I am seriously considering returning it and getting something else. Luckily I have 2 weeks to decide. I just find this unacceptable that there is no ETA given by Naim for when this bugfix will be made available to us.

update on the fix when?

What is the action being taken on this issue? Please answer us…

One for @Stevesky and @tomvamos to answer

Disappointing to see the radio silence for a bug that’s been introduced in the recent release.

Let me reiterate again that this breaks a whole use case - MuSo as a multimedia speaker. To say “don’t use Bluetooth, it offers inferior sound quality” is not good enough. This is not about music.

I am happy to join beta-testing program if there isn’t enough testers using Bluetooth.

@stevesky has let us all know what the problem is and what Naim are doing about it. I guess we’ll know more when the next release is through a successful beta test, and is ready and signed off - see here;

That’s great that you would like to join the beta team specifically to test the Bluetooth feature. I suggest you email the Beta team on beta@naimaudio.com

I also have same issue since around last week or so and just saw this post. Hope this is being fixed and v4.3.1 will release soon. Is there as planned release date?

Can someone give any info when we can expect the update or please, share the downgrade file.
We are waiting more then 2 months, no actions during this period.

1 Like

It’s over the air updates, there is no downgrade file that you can use, contact Naim support to ask for this

I just bought a Mu-So and now realise not being able to use it.
I have a beamer which streams sound/voice through BT.
When will this be fixed and is there any way to get the beta-version?

There is a fix for this but it’s not ready for release yet (see post from @stevesky above) as it will need to be integrated into the fw and tested to see that it doesn’t affect anything else.

If you wish to apply to join the beta team to test this BT functionality then contact beta@naimaudio.com

Can someone confirm the testing of 4.3.1 is in progress? According to the note from @Naim.Marketing in a different thread from mid-January, 4.3.1 was about to enter beta “shortly” at that time.

Again, I appreciate the “it will be ready when it’s ready” nature of updates and the rigorous testing, but this is not about adding new functionality - it’s about fixing a reproducable bug that was introduced by Naim in a recent firmware release. I think it’s fair to expect to have this prioritised.

1 Like

Yes, I can see that 4.3.1 is currently in Beta testing.

2 Likes

Hello. Same problem here. Can I use HDMI cable with my laptop for the sound and a secondary for the external monitor? Because now the speaker is useless. Thanks in advance.